Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
250 Pro
(30-Jan-2017, 19:30)Vivialet Wrote: That's no excuse :>)
You will get better results if you use a room correction system. I'm using foobar with the Room EQ plugin from Mathaudio. And I have a Giya G2 playing in a 20m² room. And additionally I have a B&W DB1...crazy but works perfectly.
 I'm using JRivers at the moment which allows me to fine tune, but the whey it's sounding at this moment I don't feel it need any adjustments. If you ever get a chance to audition a pair of 968s with the Devialet, due so. If you have read my earlier comments on what I was expecting when I up graded to the 250 pro from the expert 250, then I would have to say that what I'm hearing now is what I had imagine it would be. A home run.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
@woodstock - congratulations, I am happy to see you found a good match for your D250 Pro, I know it has been a helluva ride for you...
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(31-Jan-2017, 03:35)baddog Wrote: @woodstock - congratulations, I am happy to see you found a good match for your D250 Pro, I know it has been a helluva ride for you...
Thanks. It's a good thing I'm persistent. Bliss
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
(31-Jan-2017, 05:27)woodstock Wrote:
(31-Jan-2017, 03:35)baddog Wrote: @woodstock - congratulations, I am happy to see you found a good match for your D250 Pro, I know it has been a helluva ride for you...
Thanks. It's a good thing I'm persistent. Bliss

Hey woodstock. 

Can you share your thoughts after more use now? 

i am asking because i am thinking of buying a used D250 but also buying a D250 pro. 

i have owned a D400 and later a D200 and it took about 5 months to fully Break in... The first 4 months i was really dissapointed in Devialet, but after some months it totally changed. Like over night.
My new upgraded 220 Pro today lso showed the "A 4098 Over Voltage" fault! LE 120 never showed a fault on the display. BTW: I'm not yet satisfied with the new sound. More bass with SAM, more details. But overall vocals seem to be "damped" or not so present as they were on LE120.

(29-Nov-2016, 00:51)Axel Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 20:08)woodstock Wrote: So I've just turned on the system. There was an error code indicating a voltage spike, second one in two days. Never had them before. Maybe the Pro line are more sensitive to fluctuations in voltage?
 I've done nothing different today but it's a different beast today and I mean that in a good way. How could this be. I've had the amp since the 15th. and right up to last night it sounded like shit. Not complaining but how dose this happen over night. Burnins in the pass ussually happen in slow increments of sound quality. I'll keep you all informed as to the improvements.

What error code did you get? I ask because mine returned an "A 4098 Over Voltage" code and I don't know why.
---
Devialet Expert 220 pro (Upgrade from LE 120), SAM on (100%), DPM off
USB
Macbook Air (4GB RAM), 2TB SSD via Thunderbolt
Audirvana+ 3.x in iTunes-Mode
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews YellO Power to wall socket
Russ Andrews X6 Block
So having lived with the 250 Pro for a number of months now, using with a full loom of Nordost Heimdall 2 thru-out, and Hyperion 968 transducers, I think it might be time to give some insight as to the performance of the system comparing it to the old 250 through the Galo ref 3.1. The old system had a holographic in the recording room presentation as with Pro 250 having the ability to project you into row 15 of a live venue with all the room nuances and detail of the performers merging into their instruments. Both interpretations I love and has me thinking that I should pick up a used 250 just so I can have that on hand. the two units are completely different sensations and are both exciting and engaging listening experiences. Over the years I was lucky to have had a friend in the audio bizz who was continually lending me so awesome gear, yet, this set up has given me so much more enjoyment than any other combination I've had. I find I no longer strain to hear into the sound field, it just comes wafting out and baths me with liquid dancing waves. When it comes to making out what was in the past hard to understand voices, now is natural and clear, once again no straining.
I do miss the in your face excitement that the older 250 offered but the nice thing about recognising this is that all I have to do is insert a 250. Would it not be interesting if it was just a matter of flipping a switch on the Devialet remote?
Since the last post I've changed my cabling to Valhalla and I'm now tri-wire the Hyperions. It's a whole new beast. Can't peel myself away cause of the enjoyment. Velvet, no edge, every one has there own space on the stage. No matter how high I crank it up everything remains coherent. Fidelizer has made a solid improvement my files. I love this sound and can say I no longer miss the old 250, now I want another 250 Pro. Happy Camper
See? Some folks are never happy.... another D250 Pro! Honestly! Smile Great to hear that you have found the 'can't tear my self away' place. Interesting that the change of speaker wiring, both product and application, has made such an important difference. For folks who are curious about the speaker cable effect and how it can tune a system, Woodstock's journey would be good reading.

Stay in touch!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Hi Damon. I wouldn't consider calling it tuning. If the equipment have all the elements to make music but still feels like equipment then somethings not right. Once the cables were changed the equipment disappeared, like cleaning the windows.
Good to read Woodstock
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands