Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D440 Companion Link failure
I see the Configurator site now has the option to email the new config to yourself. Could try that to ensure no conflict using Safari
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Actually problem solved. The dealer tried it and worked with all cables.

When I first brought it home I could not get it working either. But on a wimp it dawn on me to try booting the master firsts before booting the companion. And everything now works.

Turned out that with my old D400 I always booted the companion first after a change to make sure it knows it is a slave, and it used to work every time.

With D440 it seems master has to be on first before the companion.

Will keep testing to see if this is really the root cause.

thanks everyone for the suggestions.
I'm always switching my 1000pro on at the same time, that is working fine.
(13-Dec-2016, 13:23)Vivialet Wrote: I'm always switching my 1000pro on at the same time, that is working fine.

Yes switching on the units via the remote would avoid that from happening.  I have the bad habit of switching in the units directly via the front buttons upon inserting the SD cards after a configuration change.
(13-Dec-2016, 15:44)agentsmith Wrote:
(13-Dec-2016, 13:23)Vivialet Wrote: I'm always switching my 1000pro on at the same time, that is working fine.

Yes switching on the units via the remote would avoid that from happening.  I have the bad habit of switching in the units directly via the front buttons upon inserting the SD cards after a configuration change.

I don't think that this is a bad habit, but you say that you switch on the units with the front buttons? With my amps, I just switch on the Master and the Companion automatically starts up. No need to press the button on the Companion. The 400s used to switch on like this too.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I just got a 2nd 220 Pro, got the configs completed, turned them on and ... Link Status None.   Tried powering both off and back on as well as swapping the spdif cable but no difference.   But THEN I remembered reading this thread just the other day so I paid close attention to ordering the power on sequence.  Now it's playing like a charm.  Thank you!  

But here's what I'm wondering... if both lose power, what will happen when power is restored?   It seems a bit strange that they are sensitive to the order of powering each box.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
So my D440s get completely shut down because they are connected to a Power Conditioner which I turn off when done for the day.

Next day, turn on the power conditioner, the D440s partially boot, then I either click the on/off (power) button on the remote or push the button on the master and everything boots up fine.

Oh, and most importantly congratulations on your new 440 Pro!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I have almost the same problem with my upgraded 1000Pro, the companion works fine right after new configuration, but within a new listening session my companion switch very fast from XLR to USB on companion display, then after a minute shut down !!! ( I use a RCA-XLR link and usb connection for musique input). Start and shut down is always made with the remote.
Any thoughts ?
Furniture: USM Acoustic
Audio: Devialet 1000PRO - Mac Mini 2012, I7, Uptone DC conversion/Linear fan controle - Internal SSD - CD/BR LaCie BDXL (rip) - USB Regen - Uptone JS-2 Linear power supply - HD LaCie Thunderbolt
Power: Isotek Aquarius - Vovox power cable
Loudspeakers: Marten Django XL - Vovox Textura LS