Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite albums of 2016
Ok I would love to hear your favourite albums of the year. Only rule is it has to have been released this year, and let's say you can only pick 5 - that's the hard bit as I found out

Such varied tastes on this forum that it should be interesting. I will start with mine

White Lung - Paradise
Christine and the Queens - Chaleur Humaine
Julia Jackson - Don't let the Kids Win
The 1975 - I Like it When
Skepta - Konichiwa

Very difficult to stick to 5 only
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Great idea for a thread, Womaz, it should be interesting.

Could I add a suggestion that there be a short description of the music (e.g. genre) and why you like it so much? That would be really helpful.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Just one for me - David Bowie, Blackstar.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(21-Dec-2016, 08:35)thumb5 Wrote: Great idea for a thread, Womaz, it should be interesting.

Could I add a suggestion that there be a short description of the music (e.g. genre) and why you like it so much?  That would be really helpful.

Yes of course people can do exactly that if they want.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Joe Bonamassa - An acoustic evening (Live at the Vienna Opera House). Just a great fun concert.
A new find; Jose Gonzalez - In our nature. Very simple but I love what he does with the sound of his acoustic guitar.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hi guys,

1/ Lucas Debargue, "Bach, Beethoven and Medtner" (Sony Music) : the Medtner Sonata in particular
2/ Toto "live in Montreux 1992" : just because it's real rock'n'roll music live, with a few missteps (the legendary Jeff Porcaro did one at the end of Jake To The Bone). It kicks ass...
3/ The Oscar Peterson Trio "live at the concergebouw 1961" (Devialet vinyl) : the Con Alma version is outstanding.
4/ "The Similitude Of A Dream" by The Neal Morse Band : this double cd concept album just flows from the beginning to the end. Which is unfortunately not the case for The Astonishing by Dream Theater
5/ Jeff Beck "Loud Hailer" : inspired !

See you in 2017 for new the Steven Wilson's album...
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
David Bowie - Blackstar
Nicolas Jaar - Sirens
DIIV - Is The Is Are
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Skeleton Tree
Blackstar
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Leonard cohen you want it darker
Simin Tander, Tord Gustavsen- What Was Said
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers