Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innuos Zenith ripper/streamer
I had a bit of fun in the Innuos room at Munich. They had both the Zenith SE and Senith Statement units feeding a pair of Kii THREE with BXT extension modules which effectively turns the Kii THREE into floor standing speakers with 16 additional drivers and a total of 7000 Watts. 

We were treated to a A/B session where we switched from one to the other in a matter of seconds. This was repeated a few times.

Going from SE to Statement there were fairly immediately obvious SQ differences, especially to the vocals in a track. Transients seemed a little softer and less "etched", more natural sounding if you want. The bass changed a little too, sounding fuller and more textured. Overall it just sounded more refined. I was already familiar with the Kii sound which is good, a very transparent and clean sound much like the Devialet.

I should add that the differences weren't jaw dropping however if the rest of your system was already fully tricked out then this would be a nice SQ gain. Possibly if you had lived with the SE version and moved to the Statement it would be a bigger jump as it's always easier to evaluate these things when you live with them for a while.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Just added a Synergistic Research UEF Black MC to the Zenith SE. Initial useful changes but this heavy duty cable will take forever to run in based on the low power demands of the Zenith, so its now connected via an IEC adaptor to an oscillating fan to push things along a bit.

Just replaced a Netgear 1000 Powerline adaptor with 2 TPLink RE650 Extenders, one looking after the household wi-fi needs and the second dedicated to the hi-fi.....linked to the Virgin Superhub 3 on 5GHz and to the hi-fi via Ethernet cable into an AQVox Switch SE.  The main difference is greater focus of performers within the sound stage and increased complexity and layering of the soundstage. The detail and purity available streaming redbook standard files is really starting to blow me away. There is just so much spacial information
Does anyone know the RRP of the new Zenith Statement?

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(15-May-2018, 19:25)GuillaumeB Wrote: Does anyone know the RRP of the new Zenith Statement?

Guillaume

Its priced at £9799 here in the UK
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
New models from Innuos...

Good to see trickle down from the Zenith SE...

https://darko.audio/2018/05/innuos-intro...c-servers/
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK
I own a Zenith (non SE) and I am very happy with its sound quality but have issues with file management, ripping and metadata. Recently I downloaded 2 albums from Bandcamp as Wav files and they were not recognized and could not be played (strange because Wav is one of the 2 options for ripping) but they worked when I downloaded them as AIFF files. So in contrast to the hardware the software side is not so perfect!
I am using till now an USB connection but with the new firmware upgrade both on Devialet and Innuos side I tried again the ethernet connection via UPNP . It works now with 192/24 and it sounds very good maybe better than USB but to really decide I have so solve that issue: I am using Astell & Kerns app on my iPad and I can not change the album once I started it (playback on Devialet, no problem with the iPad). So iPad and Devialet are playing different albums at the same time. I wonder if there is a better iPad app for UPNP I should try?
Just got a 2nd hand Zenith SE (from someone upgrading to a  Statement). Both ethernet and USB outputs sound great.
Just applied 1.4.1 update (http://www.innuos.com/en/go/release-1-4-1):  internal squeezelite player support with Roon enabling RAM playback with "Disclaimer - this is an experimental feature which may have occasional dropouts. It uses the Squeezebox integration within Roon which supports only audio up to 24bit/192 and DSD64"

Anyone tried the settings? According to some computer audiophile threads (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...i/?page=18) it is a worthwhile direction.
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
(09-Dec-2018, 11:22)anan Wrote: Just got a 2nd hand Zenith SE (from someone upgrading to a  Statement). Both ethernet and USB outputs sound great.
Just applied 1.4.1 update (http://www.innuos.com/en/go/release-1-4-1):  internal squeezelite player support with Roon enabling RAM playback with "Disclaimer - this is an experimental feature which may have occasional dropouts. It uses the Squeezebox integration within Roon which supports only audio up to 24bit/192 and DSD64"

Anyone tried the settings? According to some computer audiophile threads (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...i/?page=18) it is a worthwhile direction.

On the CA Forum it sounds like not to many have jumped into the pool yet. (including myself) Would be curious as to your impressions if you decide to give it a try ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
I have ordred an Innuos Statement in november and the expected shipping date is the 14th of January. It’s going to replace my old Aurender X100L - I am really looking forward to receive the unit and get started with the transferring of 3500 albums to the statement - it’s going to be a blast ?
Devialet Expert 250 PRO Core, Innuos Statement 4TB, Primare BD32 Disc Player,  Stenheim Alumine Three, Tellurium Q Cables

Smoerum, Denmark
(28-Dec-2018, 23:38)Haas Wrote: I have ordred an Innuos Statement in november and the expected shipping date is the 14th of January. It’s going to replace my old Aurender X100L - I am really looking forward to receive the unit and get started with the transferring of 3500 albums to the statement - it’s going to be a blast ?

Congrats! I was very impressed with the Statement at Munich. Would love to test one here at some point.

Cheers,

Guillaume

UK