Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New firmware, Gold got airplay
I got an airplay dialog from Devialet and airplay was working before I upgraded the firmware to get airplay capability to Golds. I don't see any difference in settings after firmware upgrade. How do I know that airplay goes straight to Golds now? There is no possibility to choose airplay to dialog or airplay to golds on spark. It is confucing.

I have Mac Mini with Amarra for Tidal which could use airplay speakers. I haven't tried it yet. Should I put max volume on my Mac Mini and then use volume control on spark or will it destroy my ears and speakers? I mean I don't want to use my mac to control volume setting. I want to output maximum fidelity from Mac and then use Phantoms to attenuate volume. Is it possible or how airplay works? If I use airplay from my iphone music goes loud very fast and I have to put volume down from my iphone. Am I doing this correctly?
(11-Jan-2017, 10:37)Olli I Wrote: I got an airplay dialog from Devialet and airplay was working before I upgraded the firmware to get airplay capability to Golds. I don't see any difference in settings after firmware upgrade. How do I know that airplay goes straight to Golds now? There is no possibility to choose airplay to dialog or airplay to golds on spark. It is confucing.

I have Mac Mini with Amarra for Tidal which could use airplay speakers. I haven't tried it yet. Should I put max volume on my Mac Mini and then use volume control on spark or will it destroy my ears and speakers? I mean I don't want to use my mac to control volume setting. I want to output maximum fidelity from Mac and then use Phantoms to attenuate volume. Is it possible or how airplay works? If I use airplay from my iphone music goes loud very fast and I have to put volume down from my iphone. Am I doing this correctly?

If you go into Spark "settings" then "sources" you should see Airplay there
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(11-Jan-2017, 10:37)Olli I Wrote: I got an airplay dialog from Devialet and airplay was working before I upgraded the firmware to get airplay capability to Golds. I don't see any difference in settings after firmware upgrade. How do I know that airplay goes straight to Golds now? There is no possibility to choose airplay to dialog or airplay to golds on spark. It is confucing.

If you have two Golds the signal has to go through the Dialog for the left speaker getting left signal, right getting right and getting the timing between the speakers right.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I am getting airplay just like before I updated firmware. Nothing changed. Settings are the same than before firmware update. I just thought that I would enable airplay on either dialog or gold but there is only one setting for airplay on spark. I know the signal goes anyway through dialog where the stereo signal will be separated and timed right but I mean am I airplay streaming to one of my gold phantom or to Dialog now. I think I don't know how to explain what I mean.

And then there is the question about volume control. When airplaying can I have full volume on iphone or Mac Mini and attenuate volume on spark app that is on my phone? I don't want to blow up my speakers or anyones ears. Should I turn down volume first on spark and then put music at full volume from Mac Mini and iphone or what is the procedure?
All new sources start with a volume settings of 30. You can control it in Spark then. I think that the Airplay should be no different at all.
(11-Jan-2017, 12:38)dmitrek Wrote: All new sources start with a volume settings of 30. You can control it in Spark then. I think that the Airplay should be no different at all.

I have 35 always when I change sources. Can I change it? It is too loud to start sometimes if others are sleeping.
(11-Jan-2017, 12:32)Olli I Wrote: I am getting airplay just like before I updated firmware. Nothing changed. Settings are the same than before firmware update. I just thought that I would enable airplay on either dialog or gold but there is only one setting for airplay on spark. I know the signal goes anyway through dialog where the stereo signal will be separated and timed right but I mean am I airplay streaming to one of my gold phantom or to Dialog now. I think I don't know how to explain what I mean.

I think I understand what you mean. You should ask Devialet support, they should be able to help you.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Just got an answer from support:

"Concerning the AirPlay, once you have enabled the AirPlay connectivity within Spark, you can see this communication mean as a way to bypass Spark.
It's about the same logic as the Bluetooth - everything has to be controlled independently from Spark."

Does this mean that Apple TV, iphone and Mac Mini act as a preamp when I am using airplay and not Phantoms? If I start airplay streaming a movie on Apple TV full volume Phantoms will output full volume which is awfully loud??
The AirPlay volume control is the same as the one of the Phantoms: when I change the volume in AirPlay on my Mac / iPhone, it changes the volume in Spark as well. When I change it in Spark, it changes the volume on my Mac / iPhone.
So my understanding is that there is only one volume, and you can set it either via Spark or your AirPlay streaming device controls, which is nice IMHO.
This also means that the full-scale signal is sent to the Phantoms and the actual ADH volume is applied to it.
This is pretty much the same behavior so far of all the supported sources: Bluetooth, Spotify Connect and now AirPlay, apart from optical inputs, but that is to be expected.
Ok I must be careful if I buy Apple TV. I have to change volume to minimum on Apple TV before hitting play on movie. Or does volume work the same way on Apple TV as on iphone and mac?