Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For sale
(12-May-2017, 16:39)brit Wrote:
(12-May-2017, 14:08)deviousalet Wrote: It would be interesting to chart the price trends vs. Devialet's promises and deliveries.

Devialet creates interest with announcements, occasionally has sales incentives, and then delivers disincentives in delays and bugs. I think their marketing and sales have been dishonest long enough that they've saturated the market with disbelief even as the positive reviews of sound quality pile up.

So the cycle goes something like:
Devialet: "We've created the best speaker ever, which will be the size of a football and include multichannel, room correction, EQ, etc."
market: "Oh boy, I want that so I'll sell my equipment now."
reality: after many delays the Phantom is the best (and most expensive) bluetooth speaker ever but doesn't deliver what Devialet promised
Devialet: "We've created a unique, and exclusive one-off flagship based on a personal pet project"
reality: The O'dA is awesome, but only unique in color and only exclusive in the amount of torture inflicted by Devialet (delayed upgrades, instant depreciation, etc.)
Devialet: "We're creating the best streamer board ever, with every feature you've ever wanted."

After we fire him Devialet can hire Trump as a spokesman, "Trust me, it will be great!"

The ultimate in "fake marketing" Tongue.

We'll be seeing Quentin 'The Donald' Sannie on Twitter next, posting lies and propaganda.......

Oh, hang on ........ Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(12-May-2017, 16:46)Confused Wrote:
(12-May-2017, 16:39)brit Wrote:
(12-May-2017, 14:08)deviousalet Wrote: It would be interesting to chart the price trends vs. Devialet's promises and deliveries.

Devialet creates interest with announcements, occasionally has sales incentives, and then delivers disincentives in delays and bugs. I think their marketing and sales have been dishonest long enough that they've saturated the market with disbelief even as the positive reviews of sound quality pile up.

So the cycle goes something like:
Devialet: "We've created the best speaker ever, which will be the size of a football and include multichannel, room correction, EQ, etc."
reality: after many delays the Phantom is the best (and most expensive) bluetooth speaker ever but doesn't deliver what Devialet promised
Devialet: "We've created a unique, and exclusive one-off flagship based on a personal pet project"
reality: The O'dA is awesome, but only unique in color and only exclusive in the amount of torture inflicted by Devialet (delayed upgrades, instant depreciation, etc.)
Devialet: "We're creating the best streamer board ever, with every feature you've ever wanted."

After we fire him Devialet can hire Trump as a spokesman, "Trust me, it will be great!"

The ultimate in "fake marketing" Tongue.

We'll be seeing Quentin 'The Donald' Sannie on Twitter next, posting lies and propaganda.......

Oh, hang on ........ Sad

LOL Big Grin
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I know we are all Devialet owners, but how about considering it from the other side of the equation? I think second-hand Devialet units are an amazing bargain right now for audiophiles looking to escape the "8 different boxes connected with 10 yards of cables" experience (I've been there!). This is great news for our audiophile friends (who also have us to troubleshoot these things with them). I'm hard pressed to come up with a more compelling bargain in the second hand market right now... (well, maybe Wilson and Magico speakers, which seem to be plummeting thanks to rapid model turnover).
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
+1 flohmann,

I agree that second hand Deviates are an excellent buy. I recently acquired a Supreme IDA16 for my office. It is still running in and I have not compared it with the D220 Pro in the same room, with the same system components, but I will do so eventually. So far the Nuprime seems fine and would be easy to recommend. But it is not a Devialet. I sort of regret not waiting for a used D120 instead....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada