Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Upgrade program ending
(30-Apr-2017, 04:59)Emerald Wrote: ... I wouldn't buy devialet's streamer until they fix all their software issues (which I am assuming the new board is gonna be packed with).

Now, I think we know who's going to get first place for 'Devialet Predictions 2016/17'.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Did anyone else get another email, letting you know that time really, really, is (honest guv'nor), running out before the upgrade finally ends, temporarily?

(Of course they didn't mention it's only temporary in the email.)

So, just five more days to get the upgrade that I actually already got, otherwise I'll have a small window where I can't get it twice even if I wanted to. What to do.... what to do....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes, me too. It's getting to the point where I hardly bother to read e-mails from Devialet - quite a shame, really.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Agree. After being told they were definitely closing the window at the end of Feb and i swiftly stumped up the cash for the upgrade for fear of missing out i won't believe another word they say.
(11-May-2017, 23:26)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Did anyone else get another email, letting you know that time really, really, is (honest guv'nor), running out before the upgrade finally ends, temporarily?

(Of course they didn't mention it's only temporary in the email.)

So, just five more days to get the upgrade that I actually already got, otherwise I'll have a small window where I can't get it twice even if I wanted to. What to do.... what to do....

Indeed : got the scary email yesterday. My D200 won't go anywhere just to be eviscerated !
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
This is what I got:

"Indeed when the OS board is available, then you can re apply to the upgrade, but I do not know these futur conditions. Then the OS board might not be free anymore.
We will let you know as soon as possible."

What should I do, upgrade now for € 2450 or wait and maybe not get the board or the lower price?
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Depends how much you want it (upgrade and/or the streamerboard) and how much of a gambler you are I guess. The quote doesn't say the streamer board 'won't be free' just 'might not be free'...

Plus at this rate by the time the streamer board comes out there might be new hardware to go with it.

Folks

I did ask Océane to confirm that the upgrade program will be re-started after some months and this is the answer I got:

"Dear Henry

Indeed when the OS board is available, then you can re apply to the upgrade, but I do not know these futur conditions. Then the OS board might not be free anymore.
We will let you know as soon as possible. "

Meaning if you want to be on the safe side in terms of costs - do the upgrade now - but who knows?

So I think I am going to take the risk and wait.

Cheers
Henry
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo
They ought to give us a spec sheet concerning the OS board. Real information not poop. My unit sounds very good to me, so I am waiting to determine exactly what the OS board will be OR I'll just get something else.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Well, it appears the Upgrade cannot be ordered as of now..that section is no longer on their site....
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room