Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
Found this on Hifisentralen.no. Sorry if it's posted before.
http://www.hifisentralen.no/forumet/venn...ost2515912

Hey everyone,

We’re excited that tonight’s build includes functionality we’ve been hoping to implement for a long time -- Devialet’s AIR streaming! We know a few of you own Devialet gear so please let us know here what you’re running and how it’s going over the coming days, particularly if you are seeing worse behavior than Devialet’s AIR drivers in a given scenario. It’s critical that we put this through the paces, so please let us know about any issues you encounter.
One thing to bear in mind with the AIR integration is--Roon cannot stream to your AIR device if the AIR driver is streaming to the device at the same time. There is a setting in the drivers called “When the device appears on the network”. We suggest setting this to “never stream automatically to it” to prevent the driver from grabbing the device too aggressively. You can still switch back and forth, of course. If you do happen to use the device from Roon while the driver is controlling it, you should see a “Device In Use” message.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
If this is right, it's brilliant news, and totally unexpected!

Hope it works ?

Reading the message, I wonder if it's about a beta version?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
It was posted then deleted. Indeed very interesting. I guess the info is ahead of time as there is no mention of this on the Roon forums - so far. There is no new build either so we will have to wait and see.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Where was this originally posted?
It doesn't seem to be room forum so where it was? Devialet?

thanks

Marco
Indeed looks like some message sent out to beta testers.

The plot thickens. Why would Roon send a whatsapp message to Rodney? He seemed surprised by it. Or, of couse, he's joking or being joked! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I recently bought a roon lifetime subscription.

I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it but spent a few hours on it last night.

I normally use a modded Sonos Connect as my source. After setting up Roon, i use my macbook as the core. When i open Roon i have 2 different outputs setup, 1 is my sonos connect (as sonos is now supported) and i also have my Devialet 1000 Pro (AIR).

I listened to music for a few hours last night and was able to easily switch between the sonos and air with no issues at all. When i switch to Air all i needed to do on my remote/app is select wifi/ethernet as the input for air to be activated.

Is this what you mean by Roon supporting Air? I know no different as i have just strated using it. It works a treat Smile

BTW, AIR sounds better than the roon->sonos->(coax) Dev
What this message suggests is that the Roon team has either worked with Devialet to circumvent the AIR driver (or part(s) of it) and communicate with the Devialet directly, found a way to 'hook into'/integrate with it or reverse engineered it and incorporated it into Roon.

Of course some explanation and the details are needed to fully understand what they've done. IF the message is authentic...
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Wouldn't it be funny if it turns out that Roon have reverse engineered their own perfectly stable version of AIR.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-May-2017, 02:31)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Wouldn't it be funny if it turns out that Roon have reverse engineered their own perfectly stable version of AIR.

Big Grin
I think it is clear that someone posted something they should not have. What I also think is clear is that for users of Roon & AIR, something exciting is coming soon.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US