Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interaction of out board Dac's
I'm confused whether stand alone Dac's are of any use since all signals go thru the Devialet digital processor?
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
Yes, the Devialet digitises all analog inputs very early in the signal path. That suggests there isn't much point in using an external DAC in front of it unless the DAC adds some particular colouration (i.e. distortion) that you particularly like.

Edited to add: ...unless of course you've run out of digital inputs on the Devialet!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Theoretically if the outboard DAC has characteristics you particularly like, and you can hear them through the Devialet, then why not - you'd just be using the Devialet as an amplifier. Kind of depends if you believe the Devialet is 100% transparent or not too.

Whether there's any point.....

(Crossed with thumb5)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks. that helps answer my question.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less