Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 pro and Vandersteen 5a
Dear all,

I’m new here and looking for some of you who might have a similar combo. I just ordered 220pro with the new streamer board to pair with my Vandersteen 5A.
Well Sam is not available yet, and my question is if there is someone that have experience with this combo and can share his issues ?

Looking forward to test the new pro
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(08-Oct-2017, 08:22)Alve Wrote: Dear all,

I’m new here and looking for some of you who might have a similar combo. I just ordered 220pro with the new streamer board to pair with my Vandersteen 5A.
Well Sam is not available yet, and my question is if there is someone that have experience with this combo and can share his issues ?

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

The 220 should have no trouble driving the top three speakers, leaving the built in amp to power the low end. I see that there are controls to adjust the top and bottom end, so you should be able to get them nicely dialled in to your room. Did you manage to get an audition of the Dev driving the Vandersteens? What made you go for Devialet amplification? Good luck with your combination and don’t forget to tell us how you get on.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(09-Oct-2017, 01:15)Axel Wrote:

The 220 should have no trouble driving the top three speakers, leaving the built in amp to power the low end. I see that there are controls to adjust the top and bottom end, so you should be able to get them nicely dialled in to your room. Did you manage to get an audition of the Dev driving the Vandersteens? What made you go for Devialet amplification? Good luck with your combination and don’t forget to tell us how you get on.
Thanks,
I bought vandies and i had an intagrated ss amp. According to requirements of vandersten i have to place a hi pass filter between pre amd amp. I cannot do that on the T+A pa3000hv. A frend said devialet can be programmed with the high pass. I did try, but only expert 200. I liked the middle and the hights, but the bass was cut off. I think we programmed dev wrong. As i understannd with the streamer board dev becomes realy one small box solutionWink so i take the risk as this would make me get rid of the boxes cables and stop experimentingWink i can always buy a second one if i need more power. Wiill tell you when i get it.
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(09-Oct-2017, 01:15)Axel Wrote:

So I finally got Devialet and as you write yes, it drives them very well. I just still need to adjust equalizer on the 5as internal amps, but so far it is very very good. Unfotunatelly I cannot compare with say ayare monos mx-r that is known to be one of the best matches on the market. But what I hear now, is excellent sound stage, serious 3d, lots of details, too much bass (needs tuning) and honestly I do like this combo. If I can get my mac mini to work properly with any of the players available I will be happy and then I can sell lumin a1 which I also loved so much.
@Alve
Congratulations on your new system, I bet it sounds awesome. Those Vandersteens look lovely in the Google searches that I’ve done, but could we please have a picture of your setup?
Good luck with getting the sound dialled in to your satisfaction.
Which players are you considering for the Mac mini? Edit: this is discussed in post#9 of this thread:
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...2#pid73132
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(14-Mar-2018, 04:27)Axel Wrote: @Alve
Congratulations on your new system, I bet it sounds awesome. Those Vandersteens look lovely in the Google searches that I’ve done, but could we please have a picture of your setup?
Which players are you considering for the Mac mini? Edit: this is discussed in post#9 of this thread:
Here is the set upWink the Devialet is in France for warranty repairWink so onkio reciter is making some “music noise”)))

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(25-Feb-2019, 20:14)Alve Wrote:
Here is the set upWink the Devialet is in France for warranty repairWink so onkio reciter is making some “music noise”)))
Oh dear! What went wrong with the Devialet?
Very cool looking setup by the way.
South Coast England
(26-Feb-2019, 03:10)Axel Wrote:

The first problem: GUI on top of the case after few minutes of use goes to just bright blue light, so no info can be seen. I opened a ticket and Dev support called, but they could not solve it. Later remote stopped working, so I could not listen any longer... now I have to praise them a little. I have sent the unit to France from Russia myself, due to customs problems they could not pick up. The unit came to them damaged, the case was totally scratched and even broken. They have changed the case without troubles and I guess they change the.boards too. I guess they just send me a new unit this weekWink ok, it took more than a 1,5 month now, but it seems I’m getting my unitWink
(26-Feb-2019, 08:00)Alve Wrote:
(25-Feb-2019, 20:14)Alve Wrote: Here is the set upWink the Devialet is in France for warranty repairWink so onkio reciter is making some “music noise”)))

The first problem: GUI on top of the case after few minutes of use goes to just bright blue light, so no info can be seen. I opened a ticket and Dev support called, but they could not solve it. Later remote stopped working, so I could not listen any longer... now I have to praise them a little. I have sent the unit to France from Russia myself, due to customs problems they could not pick up. The unit came to them damaged, the case was totally scratched and even broken. They have changed the case without troubles and I guess they change the.boards too. I guess they just send me a new unit this weekWink ok, it took more than a 1,5 month now, but it seems I’m getting my unitWink
Sounds like Devialet have come up trumps for you. Glad you got it all sorted out eventually.
South Coast England