Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
A Confused streaming system - Mutec / SOtM Ultra
Hi Confused -

Congrats on your new components!

I noticed you mentioned some rg216 cables for the clock cables. Any thoughts on choices?  I was using very basic hosa cable and recently switched to the Pasternak rg216 product and I think it made a notice noticeable difference in space between intstruments and recording space etc. . 

Cheers
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
Hi Confused,

Congrats on your new setup. We will have very close (not to say identical, to the extent of the cables...) configurations and I sincerely hope that you will enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

After having done thorough listening tests over the last couple of days following some interaction with Devialet dev/support team, I have not been able to convince myself that any other configuration could produce better results than the one you have just purchased.

So I sincerely hope you will appreciate it. I therefore wish you the best of luck in this venture.
With kind regards Wink
(11-Feb-2018, 16:35)Spindrift Wrote: Hi Confused -

Congrats on your new components!

I noticed you mentioned some rg216 cables for the clock cables. Any thoughts on choices?  I was using very basic hosa cable and recently switched to the Pasternak rg216 product and I think it made a notice noticeable difference in space between intstruments and recording space etc. . 

Cheers

There is a lot of interesting information regarding clock cables on Computer Audiophile at the moment.  One of the more interesting suggestions is the use of 12G-SDI 4K UHD cables, the claim being that they are very low cost but have higher specifications than some of the expensive 'audiophile' cables. 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...k/?page=24

For me, I essentially did the same thing as @SwissBear, that is I noticed that the recommendation in the Mutec REF10 manual is to use RG216/U cables, and as these are relatively low cost they seamed the obvious choice. 

I have bought RG216 cables in both 12" and 24" length (30cm / 60cm).  One thing I plan to try is comparing the shorter cable to the longer cable between the REF10 and MC3+USB, just to see if there is any audible difference.  If I can hear a difference, this may lead to me trying many things.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(12-Feb-2018, 00:55)SwissBear Wrote: Hi Confused,

Congrats on your new setup. We will have very close (not to say identical, to the extent of the cables...) configurations and I sincerely hope that you will enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

After having done thorough listening tests over the last couple of days following some interaction with Devialet dev/support team, I have not been able to convince myself that any other configuration could produce better results than the one you have just purchased.

So I sincerely hope you will appreciate it. I therefore wish you the best of luck in this venture.
With kind regards Wink
You are too modest @SwissBear, you of course have a LPSU modified MC3+USB, plus the wonderful and elusive Paul Hynes SR7. Smile
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(12-Feb-2018, 00:55)SwissBear Wrote: Hi Confused,

With kind regards Wink

The Sforzato DSP-030EX music player and Sforzato PMC-02EX world clock generator could be an improvement. Would be very interesting to know whether someone can comment on the performance of these machines. I heart many superlatives about them.
Hi @Stino beautiful units! Looks expensive. Maybe this will be the year of the 10MHz clock? It is 'word clock' by the way, not world...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I did see a comparison of clock specifications on Computer Audiophile a while back, the best was the Sforzato PMC-01 BVA clock.  So not just a thing of beauty, it performs too.

See link for more:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent-581390

It is interesting to compare the Sforzato PMC-01 BVA ($33k) specifications to those for the Mutec REF10 (Euro 3.5k)

Sforzato Phase noise:
1Hz -118dBc/Hz
10Hz -137dBc/Hz
100Hz -143dBc/Hz

Calculated RMS phase jitter 10Hz - 100Hz = 34fs

Mutec REF 10 Phase noise
1Hz -116dBc/Hz
10Hz -142dBc/Hz
100Hz -155dBc/Hz

N,B. With Phase Noise figures, basically the lower the number (the bigger the minus number, if you like) the better.

Mutec Jitter spec per the graph below:

So as you can see, the Mutec REF10 does not have the Sforzato's pretty case, but it does hold it's own in terms of raw performance.  Plus, relative to the PMC-01 it is 30K less expensive.
What about esoteric clocks?

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(13-Feb-2018, 11:34)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: What about esoteric clocks?

The comparative specifications for Esoteric G-01 can be found here:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent-581390
You are the man!