Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OdA Does Not Work
(12-Mar-2018, 17:16)Jerry Seh Wrote: Status of amps: Updating DOS .... for hours.
Don't know if I should just pull the plug as both amps - when updating the firmware is now "hang". Sigh!

Hi Jerry -

When I got my D440 back, the master has exact same problem. What I found was if I used a different SD card that the up date went through OK. Just a thought…

By the way I’m having the same problem with my phono inputs on both the master as well as the companion - you’re not alone!

Cheers
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
(12-Mar-2018, 22:07)Pim Wrote: Just a thought, if you have your phono input set to convert at 192kHz it might be that there's a problem there. If you play digital at 44.1kHz it might get through whilst 192kHz might be too high. Try converting to 96kHz.

Hi Pim,
Checked and its 96KHz as the default convert.
This morning, when I plugged in the power, the Master unit rebooted up.
Local dealer to come back tonight and to re-try the installation. Meanwhile, still waiting for Devialet to reply my mail.
Really sad that the support is so weak. And with a product like this, support should have been strong, as seriously, not much user is that intuitive nor savvy in software based product. At least not me.
Thanks for the advise. Sincerely appreciate the support this community provide. Makes Devialet looks good. If the real Devialet support is so .... Sigh!
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
Hi Everyone,

Finally received news from Mr. Florian des Garets, new Singapore Country Manager.

And I quote ..... "Following our call and to sum up what I have said:
After talking to our engineers, it seems that having Analog Inputs not responding with the Comp is a known bug from the software development.
Switching SD Card from Master to Comp will make them work indeed as it's not a hardware issue, but purely software.
The good news is that it can be solved and engineers are aware of it and fixing the last remaining bugs, including this one for the final official release.
We haven't been very good at making promises but if you want my opinion, I believe it will be released in April."

So, the only way I can use the OdA is to compromise and use the Line & Phono input on the MASTER. And sacrifice, for now, the Mono Tonearm and the Tuner on the Companion. Until the new software be available, sometime in April.

My sincere heartfelt thanks for all on the forum who had so Kindly contributed to helping me resolve the issue. And for those who shared my pain, well, we now know its a "KNOWN ISSUE" which Devialet is working on to resolve ... hopefully by April's software upgrade.

Cheers
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
(10-Mar-2018, 22:34)Jerry Seh Wrote: My joy turned to a total disappointment!

Well, the OdA were returned, CI upgraded and both chassis & remote polished to a shine as good as new.

However, when the SD cards were redone - addition of a new tuner and a complete modded Oppo UDP-205 from Modwright, the right channel (S1) inputs has no sound at all, no matter the input - which in this case were my Stereo TT input, FM Tuner.

Tried re-doing the configurator like more than 10x (yes, 10x) the problem could not be resolved. When switching input from the Main to the S1 unit, that is the FM exchanging with Oppo, there is sound. This is also true when switching phono input to Mono from Stereo.

In the end, I am left with a pair of OdA that don't seem to work at all if using inputs from the right (S1). The last suspect is that connecting (smaller jack cable) could be "damaged". Dealer will try again on Mon with a new cable, and I certainly hope it will work. 

Anyone knows how to fix this as I don't think its there cable at fault. But being a novice, the only thing I culled do is wait and full of frustration. I hope someone is able to advise how I should proceed cause I am now left with a system I cannot use at all on one channel inputs.

Hi, you had your OdA polished like absolute brand new??? Mine came back with many swirl marks. Not happy.

But I don't have any other issue, i don't use any input from companion.
(16-Mar-2018, 01:30)PeppaPig Wrote:

Well, the OdA were returned, CI upgraded and both chassis & remote polished to a shine as good as new.

However, when the SD cards were redone - addition of a new tuner and a complete modded Oppo UDP-205 from Modwright, the right channel (S1) inputs has no sound at all, no matter the input - which in this case were my Stereo TT input, FM Tuner.

Tried re-doing the configurator like more than 10x (yes, 10x) the problem could not be resolved. When switching input from the Main to the S1 unit, that is the FM exchanging with Oppo, there is sound. This is also true when switching phono input to Mono from Stereo.

In the end, I am left with a pair of OdA that don't seem to work at all if using inputs from the right (S1). The last suspect is that connecting (smaller jack cable) could be "damaged". Dealer will try again on Mon with a new cable, and I certainly hope it will work. 

Anyone knows how to fix this as I don't think its there cable at fault. But being a novice, the only thing I culled do is wait and full of frustration. I hope someone is able to advise how I should proceed cause I am now left with a system I cannot use at all on one channel inputs.

Hi, you had your OdA polished like absolute brand new??? Mine came back with many swirl marks. Not happy.

Hi,
1. No swirl marks. Shiny like new. In fact, was packed into 2 brand new O'dA paper boxes.
2. If Companion not used, should not have issue as its a problem only if one uses the companion inputs.
Cheers

(16-Mar-2018, 17:08)Jerry Seh Wrote:
(16-Mar-2018, 01:30)PeppaPig Wrote:

Hi,
1. No swirl marks. Shiny like new. In fact, was packed into 2 brand new O'dA paper boxes.
2. If Companion not used, should not have issue as its a problem only if one uses the companion inputs.
Cheers

Have a look at the balance setting, I've had a similar issue with my 1000 Pro after my girlfriend cleaned the remote while the system was on. One of the channels remained silent no matter what I tried, even swapping master and companion (I have 2 full 250 pro's) or configuring the units as a standalone 250 pro.
Aurender X100L - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Vivid Audio GIYA G4
Silent Angel Bonn N8 - Shunyata DENALI 6000/S Version 2
Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus USB - Crystal Cable Reference Diamond Speaker
Crystal Cable Reference Diamond Power
So if I am connecting my (soon-to-be-purchased) turntable into the input on the Master, I will not have any issue?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(18-Mar-2018, 14:47)tategoi Wrote: So if I am connecting my (soon-to-be-purchased) turntable into the input on the Master, I will not have any issue?

Yes, the MASTER input have no issue at all. Only the companion. Until they releases a software fix to this known issue sometime in April, I hope. Thanks.

Hi,

The fix is here .... just informed by Florian.

"Hello Jerry,

I have a good news.
The new Firmware is released.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...March-23rd

It should be fixing your issue of analog inputs with Companion."

For those who have the same problem, please try. I will do it over the weekend.

Cheers!

But this is just a RC, not the full release.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E