Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.10
Any experiences?
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

An article was added to the section Expert Pro Core Infinity Log.
Firmware 12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3 - March 23rd by Olivier

Hi

We are happy to announce a release candidate

Firmware 12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3

Here is the changelog:

Firmware 12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3

Fixed:
•Devialet AIR crashes when switching sampling frequency
•Default name on network not always the same (AirPlay / UPnP)
•Analog inputs on companion not working
•Fixed IP address mode
•Clicks on audio USB input (specifically with Aurender network players)
•With Spotify, playback stops when switching between different Expert Pros
•on the same network
•Automatic WAC set-up (WiFi Accessory Configuration) on iOS and MacOS
•Stability issue when adjusting Treble in tone control
•Auto dim now supported on streaming inputs
•Trig out now supported on streaming input

Still being worked on:
•Roon "Transport: Device in use" error message with many Expert Pros on the same network and/or high sample rates
•Network info not displayed in information menu on device screen
•Devialet Remote App: volume control inactive until stream is in progress
•UPnP discovery not always consistent

This version has not been validated yet by third parties (Apple and Spotify) and is not a commercial version.

As a result, if you wish to test this version, you will need to join our Expert Pro Beta Program here.

You will receive instructions on how to download and provide feedback by email. Also, please read the README.pdf included in the DOS-2.2.0-rc3_12.2.10.zip.

If you have already joined, you will soon receive an email with download instructions.

At any point, you may revert to our final 2.1.0 Firmware 12.1.2 version, which you will find in the "my account" section of our website.

View the article
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Just updated to Firmware 12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3. No issues while updating, delighted that Devialet has fixed the USB issue. Looking at how many bugs have been fixed, this is surely the most significant firmware update till date IMHO. I think many people will be really happy with this one.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
Daft question maybe. I have not upgraded to Pro, will they still update the firmware for the 200. Have they made any announcements about this?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(23-Mar-2018, 20:15)Womaz Wrote: Daft question maybe. I have not upgraded to Pro, will they still update the firmware for the 200. Have they made any announcements about this?

I can't see Devialet doing anything about the old range unless they invent something like SAM that can work on both platforms. Maybe they fix AIR one day.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@Pim yes my gut feeling is they won’t update firmware either. Thanks for reply
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
So the OS issued on 1st December was RC4, and the one issued yesterday is RC3 - yep that makes sense. Also the previous RC was a commercial release now the new RC is part of the Beta program (yep, I know it says Apple & Spotify still to validate, therefore why call it an RC).

Also the comments section of the CI Log for this new OS is closed, no comments allowed - Devialet with their open transparency Confused
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(24-Mar-2018, 01:48)Celts88 Wrote: So the OS issued on 1st December was RC4, and the one issued yesterday is RC3 - yep that makes sense. Also the previous RC was a commercial release now the new RC is part of the Beta program (yep, I know it says Apple & Spotify still validate, therefore why call it an RC).

Also the comments section of the CI Log for this new OS is closed, no comments allowed - Devialet with their open transparency Confused

On the RC3 front, someone could just have made a typo and typed a 3 instead of a 5.

There's 2 parts to the release, the OS and the firmware. I suspect that the next official release will contain the same version of the OS as in this beta plus a less advanced firmware version so the beta element of this release is actually in the firmware rather than the OS.. They're probably just rolling the beta out before the official release so beta testers are seeing the release candidate for the OS first, those not in the beta program will see it once Apple and Spotify have verified their bits of it.

Comments for the CI log entry are probably closed because Devialet want all comments back through the official beta testing channel and not publicly visible.

I don't think there's anything funny going on, just Devialet putting the cart before the horse releasing the beta version before the next official version which may be because they're trying to speed up the process a bit.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(24-Mar-2018, 04:40)David A Wrote:
(24-Mar-2018, 01:48)Celts88 Wrote: So the OS issued on 1st December was RC4, and the one issued yesterday is RC3 - yep that makes sense. Also the previous RC was a commercial release now the new RC is part of the Beta program (yep, I know it says Apple & Spotify still validate, therefore why call it an RC).

On the RC3 front, someone could just have made a typo and typed a 3 instead of a 5.

There's 2 parts to the release, the OS and the firmware. I suspect that the next official release will contain the same version of the OS as in this beta plus a less advanced firmware version so the beta element of this release is actually in the firmware rather than the OS.. They're probably just rolling the beta out before the official release so beta testers are seeing the release candidate for the OS first, those not in the beta program will see it once Apple and Spotify have verified their bits of it.

Comments for the CI log entry are probably closed because Devialet want all comments back through the official beta testing channel and not publicly visible.

I don't think there's anything funny going on, just Devialet putting the cart before the horse releasing the beta version before the next official version which may be because they're trying to speed up the process a bit.

David

Devialet have previous for the numbers going backwards OS 2.1 Firmware 11.5.18 RC4 (01-12-2017), but the next release OS 2.2 Firmware 11.5.17 beta4 (12-12-2017)

There's only ever been 1 official software release for CI Expert customers and that was 1st December nearly 4 months ago. Even worse for the non CI Expert model customers as the last software release for them was 24th April 2017, 11 months ago (if you have a non CI Export model then arrivederci, as it appears no more software updates for you).

There's been 3 previous Beta software releases and all of these were open for comment. How come now with the 4th release they want to keep all comments private. 175 posts on the CI Logs by customers, but only 8 replies by Devialet (not a very good ratio is it). Where's the transparency and open dialogue Quentin Sannié promised when he posted his thread back in early November last year "For regular progress updates on Core Infinity, you can follow our logbook here and share your thoughts with us".

Off course it's great news with the new release being introduced, with more bug fixes, but Devialet still aren't the most reliable as per above. I actually feel sorry for guys like Olivier and the others within Devialet who are bursting there b....., and appreciate they work really hard to do the best they can with the time and limited assistance they seem to have.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
John i don't get what the issue is? You seem to be set on giving them a hard time for what exactly? commenting re the naming of software releases is just semantics ....
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s