Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New steamer king??
(28-Apr-2018, 10:04)amabrok Wrote: Thanks Stevel

But that means you can't directly interact with the big touch dsiplay from your listening position. Doesn't this defeat the whole design concept ?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

No. The only way to interact is the big touch display. The remote is useless. At the time I returned the NATIV the iOS app wasn't ready. They were not able to tell me the release date.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(28-Apr-2018, 21:12)midi Wrote:
(28-Apr-2018, 10:04)amabrok Wrote: Thanks Stevel

But that means you can't directly interact with the big touch dsiplay from your listening position. Doesn't this defeat the whole design concept ?

No. The only way to interact is the big touch display. The remote is useless. At the time I returned the NATIV the iOS app wasn't ready. They were not able to tell me the release date.
Thanks

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I totally agree, the remote as it currently stands is next to useless. I either use the touch screen, or operate the unit using a tablet or smart phone from my listening position.
(24-Apr-2018, 21:52)midi Wrote: Yes, I had bought the VITA and I have tested the device for a few weeks and I returned it.

If you want to be a real beta tester you can buy the device - for all others - hands off ! If you´re not satisfied with the Devialet software, you should never come into contact with the NATIV OS.

Every day I found new software bugs, nothing - really nothing worked for more than a few minutes. The software has no bugs - it is a bug. The NATIV guys are friendly, but they had to confirm, that the device is not useable with the current OS.

Before I returned the device, they paid me some money back. That didn´t help, the device is almost useless. Perhaps a lot of software improvements would help...

@midi, your experience I can fully confirm! Wanted the system 4 days testing, after 2 days I gave up annoyed! You can forgive even small bugs, but it turns out, the whole system is a big bug! No thanks, no need for such devices! Angry
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
It has an advantage once you have had a NATIV:

You'll never again be able to claim that Devialet is developing bad software.

Since then I appreciate my Devialet even more.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(29-Apr-2018, 15:59)midi Wrote: It has an advantage once you have had a NATIV:

You'll never again be able to claim that Devialet is developing bad software.

Since then I appreciate my Devialet even more.

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Software development isn't easy, most software has bugs in it. To me the Devialet software is not bad, even the beta I am using is quite stable, no major issue.

I like the design of Nativ, one of the best looking. If the software has been improved then its can be considered.

How is the sound quality?? good? how you connect it to Devialet. it would be good if it can support Devialet AIR.
(26-Apr-2018, 22:46)SteveI Wrote: I have both the Nativ Vita and the Innuos Zenith.

I purchased the Nativ Vita through Kickstarter, and waited well over a year from its introduction on Kickstarter to receiving the unit. My first three months using the Vita could only be described as a nightmare. I suffered all the issues mentioned above, including a system failure. Nativ replaced the unit, including shipping at their cost, and arranged the courier.

The new unit was a major improvement on my original but still had flaws in the OS. In a period of a few months, they upgraded the OS a number of times, corrected flaws as they were reported. I have to say, the current OS system has been rock solid, which is a testament to their software team. A certain company could learn a lot from them, both in the upgrading of the OS, and customer support.

It still has a few quirks, but they have all been documented by Nativ and are listed on their website. The remote (beautifully engineered) unfortunately is very limited, and frustrating and it now lives in it's box in a cupboard.

The unit is not for everybody, but in it's defence, I have to say, I believe it sounds as good if not better than the Innuos. I have Spotify, Roon, Qubuz all installed on the unit, and all work without issue from my android phone and tablet. The internal library is accessed using the Bubble UPNP app (their android recommendation).

From thinking I'd made a massive mistake originally in purchasing the Nativ,  I'm now very happy with unit.

Hi Steve,

How is their playlist management? does it support a mixed source play list? like a play list containing music from local shared folder, spotify, tidal?
(24-Apr-2018, 10:01)ogs Wrote: Looks very nice indeed, but according to this http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/ind...amer.5289/ it's not fast enough. Also midi (as linked by alandbush above) found the Vita buggy and returned it...

Apparently this company has improved their software rapidly!! It seems quite stable now I saw many positive review and seems sounding are good too. Will get one and update everyone here about my experience.
(02-May-2018, 04:59)PeppaPig Wrote:
(24-Apr-2018, 10:01)ogs Wrote: Looks very nice indeed, but according to this http://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/ind...amer.5289/ it's not fast enough. Also midi (as linked by alandbush above) found the Vita buggy and returned it...

Apparently this company has improved their software rapidly!! It seems quite stable now I saw many positive review and seems sounding are good too. Will get one and update everyone here about my experience.

Looking forward to knowing your opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubai, UAE