Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal in trouble?
Bad rumours for Tidal and subscibers like me:

https://www.whathifi.com/news/tidal-accu...ng-figures
Tidal is certainly in trouble after this yes. Their American lawyers are very busy trying to dismiss the research that led to the report, but I think the evidence is quite solid and difficult to deny... numbers have been manipulated - massively it seems.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-May-2018, 21:58)ogs Wrote: Tidal is certainly in trouble after this yes. Their American lawyers are very busy trying to dismiss the research that led to the report, but I think the evidence is quite solid and difficult to deny... numbers have been manipulated - massively it seems.
As Mark Twain said, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."  Let's hope that Tidal is Twain-like! Big Grin
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
It would be a pity if this was true. Let's hope TIDAL has done nothing wrong, not needing lawyer acrobatics.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(11-May-2018, 13:21)Flashman Wrote:
(10-May-2018, 21:58)ogs Wrote: Tidal is certainly in trouble after this yes. Their American lawyers are very busy trying to dismiss the research that led to the report, but I think the evidence is quite solid and difficult to deny... numbers have been manipulated - massively it seems.
As Mark Twain said, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."  Let's hope that Tidal is Twain-like! Big Grin

Or we could quote from Spike Miligan's grave stone, which states "Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite", which is Irish for "I told you I was ill." Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(11-May-2018, 15:24)Confused Wrote:
(11-May-2018, 13:21)Flashman Wrote:

Or we could quote from Spike Miligan's grave stone, which states "Dúirt mé leat go raibh mé breoite", which is Irish for "I told you I was ill." Sad

What a great quote from one of the original Goons!  As someone who carries both a U.S. and an Irish passport, I now have two fabulous quotes from Twain and Milligan at my disposal.  Thanks Confused!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.