Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal: volume reset after every song
I'm new to Devialet Phantoms and I am having the same frustration with the volume reset to 35 using the optical input on the Dialog fed from a Sonos optical out. Suspect the Dialog is faulty, Its happening so frequently that is currently a deal breaker if doesn't fix with a replacement Dialog.

The conditions that Devialet consider an input change appear so sensitive that any glitch in the Spark app, the system hardware etc. Is detected as a false input change, causing unnecessary resets making the system unusable in certain configurations

A user option in Spark to disable volume reset or to allow the user to set a higher preset value would cure for most scenarios. Having been an issue from the beginning around 2015 to today (2019) I guess this will only receive attention from support if a high number of users report and suggest a workaround. 

Anyone else having similar issues and found any workarounds?
(06-Jan-2019, 15:44)Schumy Wrote: I'm new to Devialet Phantoms and I am having the same frustration with the volume reset to 35 using the optical input on the Dialog fed from a Sonos optical out. Suspect the Dialog is faulty, Its happening so frequently that is currently a deal breaker if doesn't fix with a replacement Dialog.

The conditions that Devialet consider an input change appear so sensitive that any glitch in the Spark app, the system hardware etc. Is detected as a false input change, causing unnecessary resets making the system unusable in certain configurations

A user option in Spark to disable volume reset or to allow the user to set a higher preset value would cure for most scenarios. Having been an issue from the beginning around 2015 to today (2019) I guess this will only receive attention from support if a high number of users report and suggest a workaround. 

Anyone else having similar issues and found any workarounds?

I had a similar problem with my Sonos connect and dialog. The way I solved it was by hardwiring my phantoms via ethernet to a dedicated network switch with the dialog. Once I did that I only log into Spark after there has been a power outage to reset the input and sound level.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(08-Jan-2019, 18:50)njaiswal Wrote: I had a similar problem with my Sonos connect and dialog. The way I solved it was by hardwiring my phantoms via ethernet to a dedicated network switch with the dialog. Once I did that I only log into Spark after there has been a power outage to reset the input and sound level.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that connecting the Phantoms and Dialog via ethernet was an option and what benefits it would give. Does this disable them from communicating over wifi? Do you know if there is any info/ documentation on this?
(09-Jan-2019, 11:45)Schumy Wrote:
(08-Jan-2019, 18:50)njaiswal Wrote: I had a similar problem with my Sonos connect and dialog.  The way I solved it was by hardwiring my phantoms via ethernet to a dedicated network switch with the dialog.  Once I did that I only log into Spark after there has been a power outage to reset the input and sound level.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that connecting the Phantoms and Dialog via ethernet was an option and what benefits it would give. Does this disable them from communicating over wifi? Do you know if there is any info/ documentation on this?

If ethernet is connected, then wifi and PLC are not used for communication.  That's been my experience.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante