Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
Good afternoon all!

We have just heard that everyone's favourite man from the Alsace, Mathieu Pernot, will be gracing our store on Thursday 12th July. Being the original (and current chief) engineer, Mathieu is very much the horse's mouth when it comes to news.

Spaces will be limited, the beer will be Bavarian and, if you have not met him before, we would all strongly recommend that you met the man who turned the Devialet concept into the D-Premier! 

We'll have some super DevialetChat deals available on the day, don't miss out!

Alasdair
Excellent news Alasdair. I shall make every effort to be there, probably early afternoon unless something unexpected crops up.

Why Bavarian beer? It should be something French should it not? Don Perignon perhaps?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Sadly will be in Anglesey looking after grandchildren Sad
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Mathieu hails from Strasbourg, a fascinating melting pot of both French and German culture. From my limited experience (and failing memory) of working in Strasbourg as a teenager, I can remember the beer being fantastic but the wine being mainly think, sweet and to be served with dessert or Foie. I guess that Bavarian was a misnomer, we should go with Alsacien!

It'd be good to see you on the day, Devialet has some interesting developments on the go. Most of them you have all probably guessed, some others have taken us by surprise. I'm sure that the best interrogators/negotiators on the day will leave with all of the 2018+ secrets.

Loose lips sink ships

On a less Devialet-focused note, I should have some interesting new kit in on the day. Hopefully our new demo Airforce 5 will be here for the day to play some records. It's amazing, almost perfect and I want one.

Ali
F1Eng, I'll try and keep you in the loop regarding news. It's a shame you cannot make it, must be the first Mathieu event you've missed?
(20-Jun-2018, 15:04)oxfordaudio Wrote: Mathieu hails from Strasbourg, a fascinating melting pot of both French and German culture. From my limited experience (and failing memory) of working in Strasbourg as a teenager, I can remember the beer being fantastic but the wine being mainly think, sweet and to be served with dessert or Foie. I guess that Bavarian was a misnomer, we should go with Alsacien!

It'd be good to see you on the day, Devialet has some interesting developments on the go. Most of them you have all probably guessed, some others have taken us by surprise. I'm sure that the best interrogators/negotiators on the day will leave with all of the 2018+ secrets.

Loose lips sink ships

On a less Devialet-focused note, I should have some interesting new kit in on the day. Hopefully our new demo Airforce 5 will be here for the day to play some records. It's amazing, almost perfect and I want one.

Ali

It's a small world! A few years ago I too spent some time working in Strasbourg.  For the record, all beer consumed was Belgium. Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(20-Jun-2018, 15:06)oxfordaudio Wrote: F1Eng, I'll try and keep you in the loop regarding news. It's a shame you cannot make it, must be the first Mathieu event you've missed?

It will be, and I have enjoyed my discussions with him, particularly the first one with the D-Premier.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hi Alasdair - is there any idea of timing for the day ?

Thanks
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
AHAH!!!
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet...-13th-July

Last time this happened in 2016, a Phantom Gold was announced on June 28th, and a Devialet Expert Pro 1000, on July 1st.

*LAUGHS OUT LOUD EVILLY*
If anyone goes and can be bothered, I have a few questions:

-Has the non-pro been abandoned in terms of firmware development/updates? What happened to the twice yearly firmware updates that were meant to make the EVO platform unique in its ability to constantly evolve and remove obsolescence? If not been abandoned, when’s the next firmware due?

-What’s replacing the current Expert iOS volume control, and when’s it out? Also, please consider keeping and updating the current one, the design is great and just needs updating for current iOS, iPads, and add a few extra controls (like tone, SAM).

-What are the plans for the web based configurator onboard the CI? Will it evolve to replace the current internet configurator, and ultimately remove the need for SD card config? Please share as much detail as you can.

-Any plans to include Phantoms in the RoonReady program after the Experts are certified?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<