Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does 140 pro + 140 pro without pre-amplified output board = 210 pro
Hi, 
I have a 130 pro firmware updated to 140 pro, and was about to take the plunge to buy another 130/140 pro to make a dual mono set up.

Then I  got worried that I may need a preamplified output board in one of the 130 (140) pros in order to connect them up. 

Does anyone know whether my concern is valid or not. 

thanks
A
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
You need the pre out board for 390,00 Euro for dual mono
According to the configurator, you do not need the pre out if you have two 140 pro.
The connection between the two 140 is done using of the two digital input which can be configured as an output

DIY Leach amp (running for 20 years), JBL 4412A
A seperate preout board is absolute necessary!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Mmmmh. In which case there is a bug in the configurator. Because, in the configurator, you can have two 140 connected to make a 210, with and without the pre-out option.
It does not make sense to me to have an analog pre-out required since the connection is digital. The second digital input of a 140 pro can be configured as an output without the pre-out option.
DIY Leach amp (running for 20 years), JBL 4412A
(23-Aug-2018, 18:03)dishio Wrote: Mmmmh. In which case there is a bug in the configurator. Because, in the configurator, you can have two 140 connected to make a 210, with and without the pre-out option.
It does not make sense to me to have an analog pre-out required since the connection is digital. The second digital input of a 140 pro can be configured as an output without the pre-out option.

Exactly!

Needing the analog pre out for a digital connection does not seems logical to me either.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
This thread might also shed some light on the topic: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Expert-1...fier-Board. Spoiler: the digital output is supposed to work without the pre-amp/analog out board, confirming @dishio's comments above.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The preout board is needed to switch from input to output - in this case

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Gosh. This debate might need to go to penalties. Thanks all for the quick responses/ analysis. I obviously want to believe the 'it will work without the  preamp output board' camp, but looks like it is not a well documented area.  I have posted a query to devialet support, but dont expect a response too soon. Will update this thread when I do get a definitive response.
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
I've just wired up a 210 in the store in order to answer this.

Pre-out board is NOT required

Alasdair