Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clean power for Devialet
Would challenge anyone to audition the AQ Niagara products: the 5000 and 7000.
The 5000, in our system, just rocks our Dev 440’s. Highly recommended.
Absolutely - 7000 on 1000 PRO Core Infinity
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Core Infinity, 2 x Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 2 x 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest WEL Signature Digital RCA-RCA / SimAudio MOON NEO 260D CD Transport, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest Wild Digital AES/EBU / Rega RP10 w. Aphelion Pickup, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable / Innuos Statement 4TB, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods + 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods , TelluriumQ Silver Diamond USB / Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, IsoAcoustics Gaia I Isolator Pods, TelluriumQ Statement Speaker Cable and Jumpers / B&W DB1D, Nordost TYR2 Power Cable, 2 x AudioQuest Wild Dog Analog RCA-RCA / AudioQuest Niagra 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, Nordost Valhalla2 Power Cable, 4 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux Isolator Pods  / 3 x Dedicated 16 AMP power line with Furutec FT-SWS NCF Wall socket / Supra Ethernet 8 cables and AQVOX AQ-Switch SE.
I have since a few weeks a GIGAWAT PC-3 Evo + DCB, câble LC3 MK3+. It is by far the best thing i could offer to the devialet. Adding it to a D250 proCI was far better than going fromm expert to pro ci. Nothing to compare !
Hi, after several attempts, I decided to go with Isotek Evo3 Titan One with Evo3 Syncro! Very satisfied Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I've been happy with the PS Audio P3 AC regenerator (I imagine the newer units are better). The P3 clearly bested the direct-from-the-wall alternative. And I really wanted to get rid of it to clean up my set-up, so I was motivated to not hear a difference. Gut after doing the A/B test, I knew I couldn't live without it. Note, however, I haven't tried the leading power conditioner competition (AQ Niagra, Shunyata Denali, Synergistic PowerCell 12), so can't compare to that.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
Arup,
you've got a very awesome setup. Been following some of the other posts as well - and I have to agree whole heartedly - 3 dimensionality along with a "live" vibe is the epitome of what audio systems should aspire to achieve.

How has your power setup journey proceeded? Do you feel that investing in a power plant (e.g. PS PP that you have) rather than a power conditioner is a better path to go prior to getting this power cable - in terms of SQ? The other thing that comes to mind is the high current drive requirements of the devialet amp for dynamics. I definitely feel like a power plant will give the devialet more readily available current surge as opposed to a conditioner. That said - any thoughts on 20amp wall sockets feeding into a power plant >> devialet instead of 15amp? I haven't come across any threads yet that compare the merits/demerits of upgrading to 20amps supply. Given that music dynamics are driven by current, would have thought that 20amp sockets would be more prevalent in the community. Any thoughts?

Questions are open for others to answer as well!
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro
Another vote for ps audio power plants. I’m happy with my p5.
(18-Jan-2019, 02:53)zambie Wrote: How has your power setup journey proceeded? Do you feel that investing in a power plant (e.g. PS PP that you have) rather than a power conditioner is a better path to go prior to getting this power cable - in terms of SQ? The other thing that comes to mind is the high current drive requirements of the devialet amp for dynamics. I definitely feel like a power plant will give the devialet more readily available current surge as opposed to a conditioner. That said - any thoughts on 20amp wall sockets feeding into a power plant >> devialet instead of 15amp? I haven't come across any threads yet that compare the merits/demerits of upgrading to 20amps supply. Given that music dynamics are driven by current, would have thought that 20amp sockets would be more prevalent in the community. Any thoughts?

I chose PS Audio PP-12 after an exhaustive comparison with the competition. I also required power regeneration as my incoming voltage was way too high @ 128 ~ 133 volts ac 60Hz. The PP-12 perfectly took care of my requirements. 

I also have a dedicated mains feed to my audio room; directly from the mains circuit breaker, (10 AWG x 3) deep cyrogenic treated Romex wiring that terminates into Furutech FPX Rodium receptacles designed for 20 Amps. The PS Audio PP-12 to the Furutech wall receptacle cable is SR Atmosphere UEF Level 2 20Amp cable of 5-Ft. 

I now have 4 x 220-Pro-CI plugged into my PP-12; each 220-Pro-CI is a monoblock of 440 watts @ 6 ohms. Two of such monoblock units bi-amping Bass are plugged into the Section-D [High Current] of the PP-12 while the remaining two monoblocks are on Section-C of the PowerPlant that does Mid/Highs. All the Four monoblocks use SR Atmosphere for Devialet spec powercords. 

I am waiting for IsoAcoustics Bronze footers (12 pcs; 3 per monoblock) to be delivered tomorrow and each of these monoblocks sit on a 2-inch thick marble slab cut to Devialet's size that weigh 70 Lbs each. These in-turn sit on 4 x [Salamander Amp Stand with spikes over a 1-1/2 inch thick marble slab over thick pile carpet on the floor]. 

Each & every small bit adds to the SQ and its the cumulative result that translates into the kind of sound I seek for.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(18-Jan-2019, 06:25)audio_engr Wrote: ...

I am waiting for IsoAcoustics Bronze footers (12 pcs; 3 per monoblock) to be delivered tomorrow and each of these monoblocks sit on a 2-inch thick marble slab cut to Devialet's size that weigh 70 Lbs each. These in-turn sit on 4 x [Salamander Amp Stand with spikes over a 1-1/2 inch thick marble slab over thick pile carpet on the floor]. 

Each & every small bit adds to the SQ and its the cumulative result that translates into the kind of sound I seek for.

Very impressive system and setup!   I've also got my 220 Pros sitting on marble slabs and am very curious how much more isolation (and SQ improvement) the IsoAcoustics will bring.  I've tried a number of different footers/cones/etc, but have yet to hear any significant improvements over just placing the Devialets on the marble.   Please post your findings with the Bronze IsoAcoustics once you receive them.   Thanks!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
In The IsoAcoustics thread directly under this one (currently) all the owners swear by them. I will likely add them at some point under my devialet, but think I will start with isolating the speakers 1st as that is supposedly a more noticeable application.