Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro1000 with TAD CR-1?
I have heard universal praise about TAD CR-1s, but have not really heard them in person. There's a pair on sale by the owner of Computer Audiophile, although I think he has priced it too high. One other person is willing to sell me the same speaker for a reasonable price, but it's going to be a 10+ hour drive since he do not have boxes.
Has anyone heard this speaker with dual monos?  Is it a good match? Couple of years ago, same person from CA had reviewed D400 and his review was panned here.

Has anyone on this forum heard this combination and want to share some impressions? It is worth driving 10+ hours before buying it?
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I have the CE-1 and have tried them with a 440Pro but I bought a complete TAD system as I thought it was a better deal to me and sounded better. CR-1 is a fantastic speaker perhaps one of the best out there so you will not be disappointed Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thanks for your response Octaviars. I'm looking forward to it. I have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get them home. I was kind of bummed to see the CR-1 MK1 are not SAM certified.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(03-Sep-2018, 07:29)sam1000 Wrote: Thanks for your response Octaviars. I'm looking forward to it. I have to wait for 2-3 weeks to get them home. I was kind of bummed to see the CR-1 MK1 are not SAM certified.

@sam1000 Hi, I do not think you'll miss SAM on this speaker! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hy Sam1000,

If you can afford the CR-1 and place it well - go for it!

I also have the CE-1 and totaly happy with it - even without SAM...  Cool

ATB, tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT/v.d.H Colibri XGP LW
Germany
(28-Aug-2018, 07:42)sam1000 Wrote: I have heard universal praise about TAD CR-1s, but have not really heard them in person. There's a pair on sale by the owner of Computer Audiophile, although I think he has priced it too high. One other person is willing to sell me the same speaker for a reasonable price, but it's going to be a 10+ hour drive since he do not have boxes.
Has anyone heard this speaker with dual monos?  Is it a good match? Couple of years ago, same person from CA had reviewed D400 and his review was panned here.

Has anyone on this forum heard this combination and want to share some impressions? It is worth driving 10+ hours before buying it?

TAD and Devialet is a beautiful combination!

How much is the seller asking?

Personally though, I prefer the Evolution One speakers to the CR-1.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I also thought about E-1 but decided in CR-1's favor because that has been my dream speaker. (The dream speaker that I can place in my room vs it's big brother). I was a little hesitant due to the review published in CA(Computer Audiophile) about Devialet driving CR-1. But that review was prior to Pro and CI upgrade.
@MightyMart, the seller is asking about 15% lower that the CA guy is asking for. At this point, I have paid for it and my friend has stashed them in his garage in Los Angeles. It would be 2-3 weeks excruciating wait before I make a trip and bring them home.
Hi All,

Has anyone compared TAD Micro Evolution One vs Raidho X1?
Please share your experience, thanks in advance.

Kai
Devialet Expert 120 | SF Electa Amator II | Nordost power & speaker cables | Raspberry Pi CM4 Streamer | Devialet Gemini | Vancouver, Canada.
So Finally I got my TAD CR-1s setup with Pro1000 about a week ago. Along with the new speakers, I also made couple of other changes.
1. Speaker cable - Transparent Audio Ref XL (Thanks Guillaume!)
2. Devialet link cable - Audience SX

I had already sold my previous speakers (Pioneer S1-ex) and I was without decent speakers for couple of months. When I listened to the speakers on day one, my heart just sank. The sound was very bright. I know my previous speakers were a little darker but I could not imagine CR-1s would have been so bright. The other issue was that the Right speaker was more prevalent than the Left one. At that time, I only had one TA cable, so I attributed this level difference to speaker cables. After listening to this setup for an hour or so, my excitement about the system completely vanished and buyers remorse set in. Then I thought about changing the level using Devlalet remote to compensate for speaker level discrepancy. Since the remotes were lying around and we had couple of large gatherings in last month or so, I guess someone played with the Devialet remote controls :-) The speaker levels were off and treble was +13. Wow.....

Since then, I have received my second TA cable. Now the problem is, I cannot switch the system off :-) It's freaking addictive. Compared to my previous speakers, there's more body to the instruments but I get more details on the on the higher frequencies, which is a little odd because both speakers use the same Beryllium tweeters.  Piano sounds even more real with the overhang and the base is very authoritative. I don't know how these small speakers with one woofer can do that. My previous speakers had 2 woofers. I smile ear to ear when I listen to music now. Having said that, I still feel S1-EX is still a great bargain in audio.

Here's a picture of my system. I still need to work on cable management. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy the system before making any big change to the system. May be after some time, I can build a NUC based endpoint, but for now, Oppo 203 with Mutec gear is serving me quite well.

Thanks everyone for providing me feedback when I was thinking about buying CR-1s to go with Devialet. Here's a quick picture of my system using a phone camera.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very nice room. I love the art work. Are they just posters or do they also work as absorbers?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.