Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote right button configuration menu
The right button, when pressed, cycles through the tone controls, then you end up with a menu with which you can toggle on/off with the volume control, ie:

MUTE          OFF/ON
PHASE         +
SUBSONIC    ON/OFF
ICM             OFF/ON
DPM            OFF/ON
PREOUT       OFF/ON

The booklet offers no explanation.  While it is obvious what MUTE, PHASE, PREOUT are for, what function or alteration to the sound do the other headings make?

Perhaps it has been explained on the forum, but I did not really know what to look for

Thank you
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
When in the configurator, look to the right of the screen where it gives explanations to the abreviations.
Subsonic is a filter which rolls off the low frequencies below 20 Hz and is normally used by people using the phono input in order to eliminate rumble generated by a turntable.

ICM is Intelligent Cinema Mode. From the configurator:

Intelligent Cinema Mode: Activates the Intelligent Cinema Mode. This mode optimizes the dynamics of the incoming audio content, allowing you to enjoy your favourite films without having to make any compromise on experience or power.

DPM is Dynamic Power Management. Again from the configurator:

Dynamic Power Management : Allows the switched-mode power supply of your Expert system to continuously adapt to the musical content, for greater energy efficiency.

All of these 3 settings allow you to turn on or off settings which can be selected in association with various inputs and you can find the explanation for each setting in the configurator while configuring inputs to which they are applicable.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thank you, especially David A. The important words above for me are: "while configuring inputs to which they are applicable."

In other words, these parameters only apply to the Line/Phono inputs? I only use mine with the USB or Ethernet inputs

While on this subject, I saw a comment about accessing the amplifiers setup by entering the (fixed) IP address in a web browser. I set the computer to a manual DHCP with 192.168.0.78 and the amplifier with DHCP off and 192.168.0.77. This works fine for sending music from a computer using Air

I can ping this address 192.168.0.77 but Safari (on a Mac) won't connect
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
First, I made one mistake when I tied those settings to inputs. The DPM setting is found in the General Settings in the configurator and not tied to an input. You can find ICM in both the USB and Ethernet settings as well as in other input settings. I think the Rumble setting is only available for phono inputs but I may be wrong. It isn't avaiable in USB and Ethernet settings.

Now to your question about accessing the amplifier's setup by entering the IP address in a web browser. I am not a networking expert and I do use a Mac and Safari. I don't use a fixed IP address, I let DHCP do the work, and I can access the setup screen by entering my 140's IP address in Safari, both on my Mac Mini and also using Safari on an iPad. Having said that, I have to ask why you would want to do so at the moment because at the moment we really can't do anything worthwhile using that functionality. Perhaps down the track things will change and it will become a useful tool but at the moment the online configuration tool is really the only way we can usefully modify our amp's setup.

As to why you can't access the setup screen on a Mac using Safari, I have no idea. All I can say is that I have no problems letting the address be set automatically rather than manually.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(01-Nov-2018, 16:37)chrisc Wrote: The right button, when pressed, cycles through the tone controls, then you end up with a menu with which you can toggle on/off with the volume control, ie:

MUTE          OFF/ON
PHASE         +
SUBSONIC    ON/OFF
ICM             OFF/ON
DPM            OFF/ON
PREOUT       OFF/ON

The booklet offers no explanation.  While it is obvious what MUTE, PHASE, PREOUT are for, what function or alteration to the sound do the other headings make?

Perhaps it has been explained on the forum, but I did not really know what to look for

Thank you

Hi chrisc, I think that helps you!

Attached Files
.pdf   Dev-Manual.pdf (Size: 1.7 MB / Downloads: 29)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
The Subsonic setting also applies to every input....

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(02-Nov-2018, 18:18)Jean-Marie Wrote: The Subsonic setting also applies to every input....

Jean-Marie

You're right and I was wrong. I missed it in the General Settings, don't know why but I looked there and just didn't see it.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Well, I am not using a turntable with this system, but I prefer it (the subsonic filter) in, in case some recording pops in a piece of sub-sonic sound. One fellow has a Tomita CD and told me there is a 12Hz tone in there. I find that completely unnecessary, but then I don't listen to Tomita
[quote pid='79532' dateline='1541144462']

As to why you can't access the setup screen on a Mac using Safari, I have no idea. All I can say is that I have no problems letting the address be set automatically rather than manually.
[/quote]

I read another tip about using an ethernet connection for audio, and this suggested a fixed IP address for amp and speaker.   If there is no point in using it, I won't bother.   The configurator system using an SD card is ok, but slightly convoluted.   I have a Denon amp in another room and this allows you to adjust settings using a PC, connected via wi-fi, as long as they are on the same network