Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet $ vs Euro
Why is the $ price of the dev 1000 dual pro cost $49000 and the Euro 27900? Whats with the huge difference?

Bren
Hi Brendanalum,

Quite simple:

1. € 27.900 is € 32.850 without banking. Bankcosts will come to this
2. Profit for the importer. And a lot of baked air we call it in the Netherlands! Marketing mix: Price, Place, Promotion and product.
3. Margin to keep the price stable for more then a year. You need a margin of 10% at least to do this. Otherwise prices are going up and down in physical shops and that's not what the costumer expects. And the shops can work with
4. Costs for the transportation, assurance, housing, etc
5. Trump. At this moment this will be the biggest influence in combination with number 3. I will explain it as follows: when a Dutchman buys something in Japan, everything in the world (oil, cars, food and yes the Devialet also) is paid by/ with dollars IN BETWEEN! With euro's you buy dollars and with dollars you buy yen's. The fear (the right word) the US president creates in the world influences the futures-market on money hugely. Buy euro's today and pay in dollars over say 6 months. The world financial futures market is much much larger than the USA on it's own. (compare: like Britain still thinks in term of British Empire in 1815. Sorry guys; not meant wrongly). So even when an American needs euro's at this very moment, the price in the USA is terminated by the futures-market of the yuan in 6 months.... When this situation will take too long (over 1 a 2 years) the world will accept the euro or the yuan (more likely) as a world coin. Especially when Europe and/ or China will also build 13 very strong aircraft carriers....
And there we end with something very very funny: stimulate Europe and China to spend more on Saab viggen, Volvo (China) and Airbus and the world will become much much more expensive in the long term for an American than nowadays. But than Mr. Trump will be no president anymore. Economics are always a choice and a balance between long term wisdom and short-term (4 years?)success.... And even more complex than a link between firestorms and a not existing climate-change...(signed Di-Caprio and Neil Young?)

All in all the difference between 49k and 28k is caused by psychology and not by reason and calculating. As the world turns.....and I can not make it more fun.

Written as a financial auditor and not as a Devialet owner.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

And if you think that is bad you should try checking out what stuff coming from the USA to Europe and specifically the UK costs after all the extras are added.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(14-Nov-2018, 10:28)Peter van der Laarse Wrote: .......and a not existing climate-change...(signed Di-Caprio and Neil Young?)
(14-Nov-2018, 10:28)Peter van der Laarse Wrote: Hi Brendanalum,

Quite simple:

1. € 27.900 is € 32.850 without banking. Bankcosts will come to this
2. Profit for the importer. And a lot of baked air we call it in the Netherlands! Marketing mix: Price, Place, Promotion and product.
3. Margin to keep the price stable for more then a year. You need a margin of 10% at least to do this. Otherwise prices are going up and down in physical shops and that's not what the costumer expects. And the shops can work with

Actually that's an interesting one since Devialet manage their own distribution in the US (it's the importers that normally "adjust" the pricing). Furthermore European prices include VAT/sale tax and US prices don't... so that's another 21% there. 

On this basis I would have expected the 1k PRO to cost less, at $49k (plus sales tax) I can't imagine they are selling many, there is just too much competition at that price point.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
When I bought my LE 200, the dealer adjusted his asking price down due to the actual exchange rate (which was favorable to the USD at the time) and ensured that the VAT was excluded.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I think I am with Guillaume on this one. If I take the UK price, remove the VAT (UK purchase tax) and convert the price into US Dollars, I get $26,521. OK - The UK pound is having a bad day due to Brexit jitters, the UK is nearer to France, this does not take into account any bank charges (which are small) or US import tariffs, but it is almost half the US price quoted by the OP. $49,000 looks way to high, even taking all other factors into account.

If I was in the US and could not negotiate a better price, I think I would just find one second hand somewhere else in the world and do a personal import. This would be a bit of hassle, but could easily save over $30k, so it would be worth the hassle.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Sorry guys on Devialet site it’s 34900$ so what your problem ?
System 1 : D800, Piega Classic 80.2, Lumin A1, NUC/Wintel +SSD, Roon lifetime Qobuz sublissime Tidal Hifi subscription 
System 2 : D400, JM Reynaud Cantabile Sublime, Roon.
France
https://www.devialet.com/en-us/expert-pro-audio-system/
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(15-Nov-2018, 20:57)Amelot75 Wrote: Sorry guys on Devialet site it’s 34900$ so what your problem ?

Maybe the OP forgot to tell us he lives in Australia?

https://www.devialet.com/en-au/expert-10...amplifier/
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.