Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono stage loading
(15-Dec-2018, 00:14)mjledme Wrote:
(10-Dec-2018, 06:51)whatmore Wrote:
(03-Dec-2018, 21:22)Soniclife Wrote: Does having the preamp out board make a difference?

sorry? I'm not sure what you mean

When bought devialet 120 you have an option to buy another preout board. After installing it yourself, you can use it to connect subwoofers, headphones or other amps (using devialet 120 as purely a preamp).

That being said, it shouldn’t be the reason that a preout board enebales the phono function. I tried to select my devialet with preout and still cannot see the loading options in the configurator (maybe for the 120 with preout, adjusting on the fly can do loading? I cannot say for sure but highly skeptical of it)

It’s very strange your 120 can adjust phono loading. What firmware version are you using? I think the lasest version for the old unupgraded 120 is 10.x.x. Devialet pointed out explicitly in the phono stage configuration that 120/130/140 cannot adjust loadings (including both impedance and capacitance)...

My firmware is 10.1.0
I do have the optional preout board. I never checked the phono loading before the board was installed so unfortunately I don't know if the loading options were available beforehand

To be clear, the loading options are not available in the configurator - I have to do then on the fly using the remote
(15-Dec-2018, 05:35)whatmore Wrote:
(15-Dec-2018, 00:14)mjledme Wrote:
(10-Dec-2018, 06:51)whatmore Wrote: sorry? I'm not sure what you mean

When bought devialet 120 you have an option to buy another preout board. After installing it yourself, you can use it to connect subwoofers, headphones or other amps (using devialet 120 as purely a preamp).

That being said, it shouldn’t be the reason that a preout board enebales the phono function. I tried to select my devialet with preout and still cannot see the loading options in the configurator (maybe for the 120 with preout, adjusting on the fly can do loading? I cannot say for sure but highly skeptical of it)

It’s very strange your 120 can adjust phono loading. What firmware version are you using? I think the lasest version for the old unupgraded 120 is 10.x.x. Devialet pointed out explicitly in the phono stage configuration that 120/130/140 cannot adjust loadings (including both impedance and capacitance)...

My firmware is 10.1.0
I do have the optional preout board. I never checked the phono loading before the board was installed so unfortunately I don't know if the loading options were available beforehand

To be clear, the loading options are not available in the configurator - I have to do then on the fly using the remote

Yeah haha. Lucky for your then to have a Devialet 120 that can choose cartridge loadings lol. Enjoy!
just checked my Expert 120.

Unfortunately I don't have the option to modify the loading from the remote  Sad
(27-Nov-2018, 03:05)Mont Blanc Wrote: Does anyone have experience with parallel load resistors on the Devialet?

To address the OP's question, which is quite relevant now as the Arch has just been introduced. I have not tried Devialet's phono stages specifically but resistive loading for cartridges is as simple as connecting a resistor across + and - on each channel. The easiest is probably to find a female-male RCA adapter with a third connector for a loading plug with the resistor soldered.

Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB