Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
130 Pro assistance with Sub Out
I have been going back and forth with Devialet support for over two months trying to get my sub out working.  Today I received a question asking if THE BOARD IS INSTALLED!!!

The support tech said that “page 10” of the information menu should say “STEREO PREOUT INSTALLED”.

I went through my menu and see this on page 9 of the information menu: ANALOGUE STAGE INSTALLED

Here is a picture:
https://flic.kr/p/2e66rNr

I do not show a Stereo Preout Installed page in the menu.

Can someone with a Devialet 130 that has PreOut or sub out working please verify what page 9 and 10 of their 130 Information Menu really looks like.  I don’t know that I trust devialet support to know what they are talking about any more.

I am running code: DOS 2.2.2
Devialet Expert 250 Pro| Wilson Audio Yvette | Audience AU24 SX powerChord | Audience Adept Response Power Conditioner | SilverSmith Audio Fidelium | Roon ROCK Lifetime | IsoAcoustics iso-puc, IsoAcoustics GAIA| Oppo UDP-205 | Tidal |
@goten1969 also let me borrow his unit and I tried like 12 configuration files and couldn't make it work with my sub out, and at another friends house and zero luck so there is either a hardware or software bug in the Devialet for sure.
Roon Server on Intel Nuc | Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI| Purist Audio 20th Anniversary Power Cable Rev C| Shunyata V-Ray | Transparent MM 20amp Power cord | Oynaide R1 outlet with 2 dedicated 20amp circuits | Audio Technica Art9 MC cartridge | SilverSmith Fidelium Speaker Cables | Rockport Aviors
This is what it says on my Od'A. Although this is a dual mono setup, I assume it would be the same for all Experts.

Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
The sub/pre out board is optional on the 120. I can’t say for sure this is the case for the 130, but it appears so. If your 130 pro does have the sub/pre out board installed, then maybe it’s a simple configuration issue where the option for the pre out was not selected during the configuration.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...vialet-120-

That video shows how to install the preout board and do the configuration. Hopefully yours does have the hardware installed and it’s a simple configuration fix for you.
(08-Jan-2019, 21:45)Pim Wrote: This is what it says on my Od'A. Although this is a dual mono setup, I assume it would be the same for all Experts.

Thanks so much for posting the PIC, it appears I don't have the hardware I thought I purchased....

I have reached out to the dealer to see what can be done.

Devialet support should have a list of the installed hardware when units leave the factory.  The fact that they don't and I still haven't received an email response from support of any tangible value (two months after opening my case) speaks volumes.
Devialet Expert 250 Pro| Wilson Audio Yvette | Audience AU24 SX powerChord | Audience Adept Response Power Conditioner | SilverSmith Audio Fidelium | Roon ROCK Lifetime | IsoAcoustics iso-puc, IsoAcoustics GAIA| Oppo UDP-205 | Tidal |
(09-Jan-2019, 22:08)goten1969 Wrote: Devialet support should have a list of the installed hardware when units leave the factory.  The fact that they don't and I still haven't received an email response from support of any tangible value (two months after opening my case) speaks volumes.

The boards can be installed after the units are sold so Devialet would have no way to know which unit has or hasn't got the board installed. The fact that they still haven't got back to you after two month probably means they've forgotten about you. I any case, your dealer should be able to get you the board.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(10-Jan-2019, 00:34)Pim Wrote:
(09-Jan-2019, 22:08)goten1969 Wrote: Devialet support should have a list of the installed hardware when units leave the factory.  The fact that they don't and I still haven't received an email response from support of any tangible value (two months after opening my case) speaks volumes.

The boards can be installed after the units are sold so Devialet would have no way to know which unit has or hasn't got the board installed. The fact that they still haven't got back to you after two month probably means they've forgotten about you. I any case, your dealer should be able to get you the board.

Smile

Chevrolet builds more cars every year than Devialet builds 130’s i bet they can tell you what they built and what was in it.

Unfortunatly Devialet hasn’t forgoten me.  Instead their support has been ineffective in identifying root cause.  If indeed I didn’t have a card installed and the method to identify that was to ask for the contents on an information page it’s the first thing they should have asked.  Reminds me of step one in troubleshooting any computer problem, asking if it’s turned on.  Smile

I don’t mean to be rude to you, your assistance and this board has been invaluable in identifying the problem.  

I appreciate your help.