Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom?
Hi! I recently sold my two Golds. I just couldn’t deal with Spark anymore. Or Dialogue. And no Roon. And only optical in. And no EQ. And.....

But I miss the effortless sound and the aesthetics. Now I have a very different and traditional setup with seperate speakers, pre-amp, power-amp, DAC, streamer, turntable, and a lot of wires. It’s more expensive, it’s more flexible, it sounds better. But it’s a lot of work. So I miss the simplicity of two Golds on Treepods. 

So here’s my question: after the launch of Phantom Reactor can we expect to see a new Phantom Gold II? I really need an excuse to get back to Phantom!

Kind regards
Mads
Using Roon with my Silvers thru Raspberry Pi... no need to deal with Spark.

They will definitely make Gold Reactors soon...welcome back! Big Grin
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(11-Feb-2019, 16:10)trashken Wrote: Using Roon with my Silvers thru Raspberry Pi... no need to deal with Spark.

They will definitely make Gold Reactors soon...welcome back! Big Grin

I believe Roon does this via Apple AirPlay which has issues on classic Phantoms with certain frequencies distorting? This is part of the long outstanding firmware fix that people have been waiting for.
No, we may see a new high end product but not a refresh of all the existing ones. Instead Devialet will integrate all of their products (including Expert amps) into one app. The new ‘Devialet’ app that the Reactors use.
There will also be DOS2 (Devialet OS 2) for all models of Phantom Premier which will allow them to integrate with the Reactors and Expert amps for things like synced music playback across all products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(11-Feb-2019, 17:51)kmjy Wrote: No, we may see a new high end product but not a refresh of all the existing ones. Instead Devialet will integrate all of their products (including Expert amps) into one app. The new ‘Devialet’ app that the Reactors use.
There will also be DOS2 (Devialet OS 2) for all models of Phantom Premier which will allow them to integrate with the Reactors and Expert amps for things like synced music playback across all products.

And that is exactly what I want. A new upgraded Phantom Gold, maybe Phantom Diamond, that loses the Dialogue and is Roon Ready and is easier to integrate with a turntable, etc. 

Question is when?
(13-Feb-2019, 10:01)Malmbak Wrote:
(11-Feb-2019, 17:51)kmjy Wrote: No, we may see a new high end product but not a refresh of all the existing ones. Instead Devialet will integrate all of their products (including Expert amps) into one app. The new ‘Devialet’ app that the Reactors use.

And that is exactly what I want. A new upgraded Phantom Gold, maybe Phantom Diamond, that loses the Dialogue and is Roon Ready and is easier to integrate with a turntable, etc. 

Question is when?

They’ll all be dropping Dialogue support and incorporating Roon support. Anything above the Gold Phantom that’s still considered the same line of Phantom won’t have any different inputs or external ports. It would hurt the entire line.
Devialet Phantom (White)
Plus one on Raspberry Pi with a HAT (HifiBerry Digi+) fed into two Gold Phantoms in "Direct Optical" mode via an optical splitter. Roon ready bliss Smile
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
Lately, since the v1.6 of Roon I’m finding myself using Spark more again. The Qobuz integration in Spark is so much snappier than Roon’s Qobuz implementation. On Fridays I often scan all new albums in the different genres. In Spark the albums play within a fraction of a second and in Roon I wait 10-20 seconds until an album starts to play. Only to mention, Spark is not that bad for some functions. Currently, Roon is very lame in search and streaming performance, specifically for streaming Qobuz in my case. With Spark I can type in ACT and I get all albums from the ACT label. In Roon I only get those I have in my library with and without focus function. Combination of label and Composer/Artist are found snappy in Spark and take ages in Roon (sometimes 10-30s). I’m still confident that the Roon team will be able to iron out these performance problems in Roon. But one needs to say that Devialet made over the years a well performing software. Unfortunately, they gave up on it instead of adding important features for better curation of one’s own library with tagging features etc. But the pure performance on single and multiroom playback of the own library, digital/optical inputs, and many streaming services is currently unmet even by Roon. Playback delays/interruption when switching from an Airplay device to a RAAT device are awful. With v1.5 Roon performed well. So let’s hope v1.6 will get back on track. I only wanted to mention also the ‘stars’ of computer audio software struggle, too and maybe now more than the often criticized Devialet Spark app programmers.
(19-Feb-2019, 16:00)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Plus one on Raspberry Pi with a HAT (HifiBerry Digi+) fed into two Gold Phantoms in "Direct Optical" mode via an optical splitter. Roon ready bliss Smile

I’m curious what advantage direct optical mode gets you? I’ve got a similar set up with the pi and digi+ but through a dialog to get stereo. Roon is set to fixed volume and I’m using the Devialet Volume Control Accessory to control the volume (or the Phantom Volume app on iOS when I need to adjust the volume from another room).
(19-Feb-2019, 23:15)streamy Wrote: Lately, since the v1.6 of Roon I’m finding myself using Spark more again. The Qobuz integration in Spark is so much snappier than Roon’s Qobuz implementation. On Fridays I often scan all new albums in the different genres. In Spark the albums play within a fraction of a second and in Roon I wait 10-20 seconds until an album starts to play. Only to mention, Spark is not that bad for some functions. Currently, Roon is very lame in search and streaming performance, specifically for streaming Qobuz in my case. With Spark I can type in ACT and I get all albums from the ACT label. In Roon I only get those I have in my library with and without focus function. Combination of label and Composer/Artist are found snappy in Spark and take ages in Roon (sometimes 10-30s). I’m still confident that the Roon team will be able to iron out these performance problems in Roon. But one needs to say that Devialet made over the years a well performing software. Unfortunately, they gave up on it instead of adding important features for better curation of one’s own library with tagging features etc. But the pure performance on single and multiroom playback of the own library, digital/optical inputs, and many streaming services is currently unmet even by Roon. Playback delays/interruption when switching from an Airplay device to a RAAT device are awful. With v1.5 Roon performed well. So let’s hope v1.6 will get back on track. I only wanted to mention also the ‘stars’ of computer audio software struggle, too and maybe now more than the often criticized Devialet Spark app programmers.

Yes spark is not so bad. Smile
 I use it now for 3 years with Qobuz and the internetradio