Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One phantom gold or 2 reactor 900 ?
Hi guys , a simple question, I have an area of 40 m and I want a device with a minimum of quality, design and power. What do you prefere, A single  phantom gold without stereo or 2 reactor 900 ? Thanks for your feedback. 

Sp Big Grin
I can't imagine you can ever beat stereo

In truth I only heard a Phantom Gold once and I can't completely remember the difference to a reactor. With a similar budget to yours I went with 2 Phantom Reactors as I couldn't stretch to 2 Golds.

Stereo is king.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(09-Mar-2019, 22:06)RMK Wrote: I can't imagine you can ever beat stereo

In truth I only heard a Phantom Gold once and I can't completely remember the difference to a reactor. With a similar budget to yours I went with 2 Phantom Reactors as I couldn't stretch to 2 Golds.

Stereo is king.

Did they release stereo functionality for reactors?
(09-Mar-2019, 23:51)Ryu79 Wrote:
(09-Mar-2019, 22:06)RMK Wrote: I can't imagine you can ever beat stereo

Stereo is king.

Did they release stereo functionality for reactors?

Nope. So the question really is one gold mono or two reactors mono and sit around and wait for the upgrade.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-Mar-2019, 18:30)Tigrou78 Wrote: Hi guys , a simple question, I have an area of 40 m and I want a device with a minimum of quality, design and power. What do you prefere, A single  phantom gold without stereo or 2 reactor 900 ? Thanks for your feedback. 

I have a stereo pair of Golds and cannot recommend them enough! If you are into the high end, suggest getting one Gold first and quickly save for the second and you will need Dialogue as well.  There is night and day difference between a single and a stereo pair on stands positioned properly in the room.

The Rector cannot do stereo yet, and according to Devialet due in first half of 2019.
(09-Mar-2019, 18:30)Tigrou78 Wrote: A single  phantom gold without stereo or 2 reactor 900 ?

If a pair of Golds feels a bit too much (in the long perspective) I'd go for a single White Phantom now and add another White as soon as you can afford. You'll save a good chunk of money and the result with a pair of Whites will be much more satisfying than two Reactors.

EDIT: Seems Devialet has renamed this model. Phantoms are now Phantom Premier and White is now called Classic Phantom. The price difference for a pair of Classic vs two Gold is around 2000 Euro...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
If a pair of Golds feels a bit too much (in the long perspective) I'd go for a single White Phantom now and add another White as soon as you can afford. You'll save a good chunk of money and the result with a pair of Whites will be much more satisfying than two Reactors.

Why do you feel that two whites are better than two reactor 900W? 
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts as I am thinking about getting two reactors. Maybe I should switch to two whites? Smile

Thanks in advance! Smile
It's not difficult to plug 2 reactors into an audio interface to get stereo via analogue if you want to try it.

That's what I do for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEk9TvGqCek&t=72s
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(10-Mar-2019, 16:37)Chris_Devialet Wrote: Why do you feel that two whites are better than two reactor 900W? 
Would be interesting to hear your thoughts as I am thinking about getting two reactors. Maybe I should switch to two whites? Smile

Hi,

my mini report here https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Any-in-d...9#pid82799 sums up what I know and think about this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Mar-2019, 19:44)RMK Wrote: It's not difficult to plug 2 reactors into an audio interface to get stereo via analogue if you want to try it.

That's what I do for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEk9TvGqCek&t=72s

Hello RMK, as you mentioned is possible to get stereo if you plug the reactors into an audio interface, my question is, as many of The reviews i saw, the main criticism about reactors is the lack of mid’s and an apparent congestion while using the speaker as mono. So after getting stereo sound what are your thoughts, does it make a big difference? Are the mids more clear and less congested?