Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
140 and ZU's
Hi
New to this forum and Devialet. 
I recently changed my Bel Canto based system (e-one separates) for a single Devialet Expert 140.
The integrated drives a pair of Zu Soul Supreme's.
The front end in either a dedicated NAS with Roon spooling digital files or a Clear Audio Concept TT with a ZU DL103 cartridge

The sound is draw dropping. I am thoroughly enjoying re-visiting my collection find new suggestion on Tidal. I've been on the hifi merry go round for years ( cant even begin to tabulate all the gear that has come and gone) but the 140 is keeper. 

Looking forward to many years together

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, welcome to the forum.
Glad you are enjoying your Devialet, long may it continue!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(06-May-2019, 20:39)nbkaye Wrote: Hi
New to this forum and Devialet. 
I recently changed my Bel Canto based system (e-one separates) for a single Devialet Expert 140.
The integrated drives a pair of Zu Soul Supreme's.
The front end in either a dedicated NAS with Roon spooling digital files or a Clear Audio Concept TT with a ZU DL103 cartridge

The sound is draw dropping. I am thoroughly enjoying re-visiting my collection find new suggestion on Tidal. I've been on the hifi merry go round for years ( cant even begin to tabulate all the gear that has come and gone) but the 140 is keeper. 

Looking forward to many years together

Beautiful, simple setup. Loving the Rams shelf as well. Is the Zu the American Walnut version?
You may want to try SAM profile based on the Soul Superfly mk2. They have the same full range driver. I love the zu and devialet combo
Hello and welcome. Not many Zu owners around though not many on Devialet Chat. However,  I do read of many owners in various places. I think the Devialet & Zu combination could be quite wonderful.

But most importantly; is that a genuine Arne Jacobsen Swan chair? Color and fabric look to be period correct... and yes, I am excessively attentive to all these details Smile
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
The chair is by Fritz Hansen but a recent production run... would love to get my hands on an original though. Thanks for noticing the details

And the combination with ZU is fantastic. I took a bvit of a gamble having never heard the combination in before but it seemed to work out well. I had an earlier pair of Druids with a First Watt amp which i didn't like but this particular combination just works

And picking out the Dieter Rams shelves. Interesting how Devialet attracts people with an eye for great design
How’s the clear audio TT sound with your 140? Any popping noise that some report?
(12-May-2019, 02:11)mmorrison55 Wrote: How’s the clear audio TT sound with your 140? Any popping noise that some report?

FYI I had the 120 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) combo for several years and never had any cracking noise issue (as long I as kept the TT head clean...  Big Grin)
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France
What a beautiful space.

May I ask, do you know the max load of the Vitsoe shelf units? Can't find that info anywhere.. We recently moved to a new place and have a lot of wall space to fill. I always wanted a Rams so now is the time I guess Big Grin However, I am also looking to upgrade my turntable to the Technics 1200G soon-ish, which, at 18kg, is unfortunately considerably heavier than your Clearaudio.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
(23-Aug-2022, 12:09)WesCrackin Wrote: What a beautiful space.

May I ask, do you know the max load of the Vitsoe shelf units? Can't find that info anywhere..

Quoting from the Vitsœ 606 Universal Shelving System Planning Guide:

Quote:Loading

We do not quote specific loading figures for the system as so much depends on the construction of walls, floors and ceilings; the type of fixings used; and how well the system is installed.

The guide goes on to provide some general information about what might be considered light, medium and heavy loads.  I'd suggest if you really want to know whether the loading you have in mind will be OK you should contact Vitsœ and ask them about your specific case.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK