Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Chance Devialet Will Actively Participate Here?
Please excuse my ignorance if this has been covered previously or elsewhere.  I am a relatively newcomer to this forum, so do not know the complete history of how this forum came about, how it was funded etc. 

Many of the recurring issues that keep popping up here are due to poor communications.  Devialet are seen as not being responsive to problems, do not communicate their plans and generally do not tell the customer much.  Even the latest marketing teaser about the black Reactor fell flat.  

Some of the problems could be solved by Devialet actively participating here.  Is there any chance that this can happen?
Based on what Devialet have said at the several Oxford Audio summer events I've attended, I think it's unlikely that they will take part actively on this forum. That said, they do read the forum so should be aware of what's being discussed here.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(28-Oct-2019, 13:03)thumb5 Wrote: Based on what Devialet have said at the several Oxford Audio summer events I've attended, I think it's unlikely that they will take part actively on this forum.  That said, they do read the forum so should be aware of what's being discussed here.
It is a strange strategy to take, leaving so many users disgruntled on forum and shows the lack of care. Knowing they read this and do nothing makes it worse.

Particularly so on the software side where fixes and updates are so few and far between. Software is a big weakness of Devialet and I do wonder whether they have enough people to develop and test software. 

Has Devialet always been like this?
(28-Oct-2019, 22:10)Snoopy8 Wrote: Has Devialet always been like this?

Yes they have actually.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
When devialet want US too upgrade too Pro models they where Wery aktive too show US interesse , but after we update , devialet show Les interesse to the byers of ther products . Just my meaning .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
It’s really said to see - especially since they know about this highly engaged community which could be brand ambassadors
(28-Oct-2019, 12:50)Snoopy8 Wrote: Please excuse my ignorance if this has been covered previously or elsewhere.  I am a relatively newcomer to this forum, so do not know the complete history of how this forum came about, how it was funded etc. 

Many of the recurring issues that keep popping up here are due to poor communications.  Devialet are seen as not being responsive to problems, do not communicate their plans and generally do not tell the customer much.  Even the latest marketing teaser about the black Reactor fell flat.  

Some of the problems could be solved by Devialet actively participating here.  Is there any chance that this can happen?
To answer your first point, the forum was not created by Devialet, but was founded by @GuillaumeB,
@Martyn and @Rufus McDufus
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
To add to that... this forum has proven to be a life saver over and over again since trying to get any competent help from Devialet itself is hit-or-miss at best.

Hey, Devialet makes great hardware, but support and communication from them has been overall pretty abysmal. If you've got a problem or question, this forum is the place to ask it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(29-Oct-2019, 22:10)mdconnelly Wrote: To add to that... this forum has proven to be a life saver over and over again since trying to get any competent help from Devialet itself is hit-or-miss at best.   

Hey, Devialet makes great hardware, but support and communication from them has been overall pretty abysmal.  If you've got a problem or question, this forum is the place to ask it.
Agreed! Smile I’ve found this forum immensely helpful for troubleshooting my system. I find it particularly refreshing that there are no flame wars or petty squabbling. It’s a nice place to hang out!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(28-Oct-2019, 12:50)Snoopy8 Wrote: Please excuse my ignorance if this has been covered previously or elsewhere.  I am a relatively newcomer to this forum, so do not know the complete history of how this forum came about, how it was funded etc. 

I am sorry, but I must oppose the complaint of Devialet not responding to customer concerns. Over the years, starting from Devialet D-Premier via several upgrades toeards the Pro 1000 and additional purchases of Phantoms, Devialet has always been responsive and helpful. Of course, I only contacted them when it was really necessary and not for complaining about a software glitch.