Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(05-Nov-2019, 09:34)pikachu Wrote: I am regretting updating to DOS2 so much, stereo sync is not working at all with my golds for more than 10-15 minutes at a time before they need to be restarted again. Even playing through upnp didn't do any magic either.
I feel your pain.  Time to push Devialet hard!

For those having stereo sync problems, PLEASE submit request to Devialet.  With more people reporting, Devialet will have to put priority on it.
A fact... most of users are using The Phantoms over Bluetooth which is working well so far.
Other kinds of inputs all have problems or limitations(Optical, DLNA, AirPlay) that require external hardware to make the setup working fine.
As usual Devialet lacks of awareness on their work and probably has the worst beta test or software quality control check.
I heard they fired most of people who created all the past messes (AKA Spark).... but the problem seems deeper.
Please excuse my poor reputation
Stating that "Other kinds of inputs all have problems..." is not true at all. I'm using my Golds (no Dialog) with Airplay (and Roon, nearly exclusively) and they work perfectly fine, also in sync with other Airplay zones in my apartment.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
I finally got response from Devialet and the are aware of the problem and working on an update to fix it. So far we can do nothing but restart the speakers every time it occurs. The support also told me that only some Phantoms with a certain serial number are involved in that problem. So let’s keep fingers crossed and hope the update will be available within the next weeks.
(05-Nov-2019, 19:22)MusicEnthusiast Wrote: only some Phantoms with a certain serial number are involved in that problem

That is very interesting information! Explains why some report complete success while others have total failure. Devialet should publish the serial numbers (or contact involved users directly) as soon as possible to prevent further trouble for users.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Agreed, @ogs, that would be a good call.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
@DesertEagleAZ
...Or limitations. please be kind enough to fully quote me.
Airplay is not a standard and only works with 16/44.1 sources
So I believe that I'm right.
PS: Thx for the neg !
Alright, I misquoted you, fair enough. Excuse me. Here's one reputation back Wink
@DesertEagleAZ

Not a problem at all thanks for your feedback