Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we doing the real beta testing for Devialet?
@raph972
You seem to be very aware of what's going on at Devialet.
I don't share your statement that the management didn't understand the software.
The management was also very focused on opening stores everywhere.
The partnership with Apple certainly didn't end well as the Phantoms disappeared from the Apple stores.
To my very own opinion I think Devialet failed to hire a good Dev team at this time.
Even the Marketing sucks.
The acoustic of the flagship store also sucks and the listening experience was awful while the Phantoms actually sound great.
Investing extra money on buying an external hardware + a capable player was the only way to get something working in the end.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(06-Nov-2019, 14:23)Snoopy8 Wrote: To me, how Devialet responds to a problem is as important solving the problem.
I am glad to see that Devialet are improving the response. Please keep up the communications.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Devialet...sync-issue

(07-Nov-2019, 19:33)daibaron Wrote: @raph972
You seem to be very aware of what's going on at Devialet.
I don't share your statement that the management didn't understand the software.
The management was also very focused on opening stores everywhere.
The partnership with Apple certainly didn't end well as the Phantoms disappeared from the Apple stores.
To my very own opinion I think Devialet failed to hire a good Dev team at this time.
Even the Marketing sucks.
The acoustic of the flagship store also sucks and the listening experience was awful while the Phantoms actually sound great.
Investing extra money on buying an external hardware + a capable player was the only way to get something working in the end.
Not sure that your statements are fair to individuals from Devialet who are unofficially supporting us.  As you can see from the above link, maybe things are changing.
The last few replies here are fantastic. That’s fantastic insight. Very respectful and understanding.

To the other commenters who I guess, lashed out at me. If you’ve completed all the steps recommended and still have issues. That’s really crap and I feel bad for you. Now you’ve got a legitimate problem and will need to wait for your individual build of the sync fix firmware.

I only suggested people follow the guidance issued which nobody had stated if they have or have not done. I’ve not mentioned anyone being stupid. That’s exactly the tone I’m talking about. Just general rudeness towards people trying to help so why would Devialet be any better when they have to put up with that crap all day.

The migration guide published by Devialet is actually very detailed and helpful. It’s out of the ordinary for them to publish such a helpful thing yet people seem to laugh at it. That’s what annoys me here is that no matter what good is done whatsoever people just laugh at it.

Devialet are handling “the sync issue” by sending a special firmware for people affected which will roll out fast, instead of taking months or more through the main release stream. Please be happy about this and don’t just laugh about it. This is an important step to being proactive and customer focused which is what everyone wants.

To me the speaker is too good. I respect the company and am extremely happy with them. I recommend the system to everyone I know and they too are extremely happy.

I believe Devialet when they say it’s less than 2% of their total user base having issues with sync. So I hope they can fix it up and make everyone happy. There’s too much negativity going around here and it is ridiculous to receive such replies as I have when I suggested methods to help. A lot of people do not know about the power board requirements or to use the original cable only. Or even that the units have PLC and rely heavily on them. I’ve seen first hand people use their Phantoms on surge protected power boards and tell me they keep dropping out. We switched the power board out to a standard one and never again did they have drop outs. Is that fair? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Not on DOS2 yet, but I use surge protected boards-- but I just plugged both of my Phantoms on the same one. It's very important for me to protect it from surges, as where I live, we have a ton of it, and I don't want it to die like my modems, switchs and other equiments did...
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
(08-Nov-2019, 17:43)kmjy Wrote: The migration guide published by Devialet is actually very detailed and helpful. It’s out of the ordinary for them to publish such a helpful thing yet people seem to laugh at it. That’s what annoys me here is that no matter what good is done whatsoever people just laugh at it.
I agree the guide is good.  But unfortunately, many people do not read manuals and guides.  Probably need to put more information on the migration software to warn people?

(08-Nov-2019, 17:43)kmjy Wrote: There’s too much negativity going around here and it is ridiculous to receive such replies as I have when I suggested methods to help.
Devialet have been extremely poor with their communications to us, your customers. The same negativity is also with your Expert Pro customers.  The issues with the introduction of RAAT for the Expert Pro has left a bitter taste because the perception is that Devialet does not seem to care about fixing issues.  This negative perception remains among your customers in the forum, whether it is correct or not.

For the DOS2 migration, Devialet should continue communicating early and often, especially when issues  come up.  The stereo sync is a good first step.  There seems to be issues with airplay and questions around on what to do with the Dialog and how to upgrade it.  It does not have to be published on the Devialet website.  If Devialet replies to individuals in the support request, it is likely that some of the replies will find their way here.
(06-Nov-2019, 20:35)raph972 Wrote:
(06-Nov-2019, 19:17)streifl Wrote: Since it was suggested that people that have problems with DOS2 just didn‘t follow the guidelines or are too stupid, I just want to add:

I read everything before upgrading to DOS2 and then followed the guidelines meticulously.
But still, something that‘s extremely important to me and was promised to work, just doesn‘t work anymore.
That being airplay via Dialog because my Phantom is pre-airplay.

Now sometimes problems arise and I didn‘t expect DOS2 to be perfect.
But I have tried to call support for three days now. All that happens is that I wait in line and after a few minutes finally hear that their lines are busy and that I can leave a message. No one ever called me back. So I complained via mail. And two days later finally got a reply that was really just asking if I really had upgraded Dialog and if the light was on. I emailed them back rightaway and haven‘t since heard from them. That‘s just not good customer service and I think I have every right to be unhappy about that. And there‘s absolutely no need for anyone to be upset or defensive about it.
Did you upgrade your Dialog to DOS 2? That's required if you want to keep using AirPlay. The Apple chip is in your Dialog and must be available to the Phantoms for AirPlay to work!
Yes I did upgrade Dialog to DOS2 as the last step of my upgrade procedure as suggested.
I still haven’t got any answer from Devialet BTW. Just another mail asking for my serial numbers.
On a different note: I really wanted to be excited, happy and grateful about DOS2 and Devialet doing a great job. It’s just really difficult when a major feature doesn’t work anymore and you can’t talk to anyone. Glad at least we have this forum. 
So thanks to all the contributors here who really seem to have supported Devialet from early on.