Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibility to Go back to DOS1 ? HELP
Hi 

I just migrated to DOS 2 but of course I didn't realize the new operating system does not allow more than 2 phantoms in the same room (I have 3 golds).

I also noticed both of my remotes do not work any more.... any idea why ?

Anyways is it possible to go back to DOS1 (with Spark) ? Remote and Synch Issue solved below Smile

Thanks 

Olivier
I guess it's not possible.

I notice I my right phantom is louder than the left one when I watch TV. Any ideas where that would come from ? It was not the case before...
Devialets own upgrade notes state that it is not possible to go back to DOS1/Spark after upgrading to DOS2.

It may be that if enough people ask it might be possible but I wouldn't waste your time waiting for this. I think it highly unlikely even if it is physically possible.

You might be better raising a support call with Devialet - at least that way they know this is an issue - I would suspect there aren't too many users with a 3 phantom setup in one room.

kantblue
(11-Nov-2019, 16:49)Olivier4444 Wrote: I guess it's not possible.

I notice I my right phantom is louder than the left one when I watch TV. Any ideas where that would come from ? It was not the case before...
Have hou tried to pull the powercord out for a restart? In my situation it helped....

I have the same feeling

Have you been following the stereo sync issue a lot of people including me are facing since DOS2 upgrade, this is how the issue starts one channel gets louder than other and then completely loose the sync. You need to open a case with Devialet because they're saying they will fix the effected phantoms on case by case basis instead of pushing a software update to all.
Thank you all for your replies.

It finally works !

Initially my right phantom sounded louder than the left one.
I unplugged the left one, waited 10 sec, replugged it and waited 2min for it to reboot.
Then the left one not only sounded louder than the other but I had a huge sync issue.

So I unplugged/replugged the right one and balance was back to normal.... but the sync issue has still there.
I then realized that my synch audio/video settings were different on both speakers (one was at 100 and the other at 190 ms)
I set both at 190 ms which is setting by default and everything worked perfectly !!!

I even got to pair my remotes again. I had to unplug/replug my phantoms for the remotes to pair correctly.

Since then I have no more issue. It's strange but I feel DOS2 sounds even better with Golds (more detailed in high frequencies).

Anyway thanks for your reply.