Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kef reference 1
I've did some intensive searching already, and it seems that Kef Reference 1 is a good combination with devialet. However... now comes down to what model exactly. 

I've seen people owning a 200 already and then moved to ref 1, 3 or 5. But I am curious if the combination with a new Pro 140 also is good enough?

It's really hard if its effective enough or not. some older versions of the step-in model read somewhere that it couldn't handle the power hunger of the Kefs. 

I still have to listen to them (new version). The older ones (5 years ago) was pretty nice. Ended up with Exposure 2010S2 set, but they can't handle the speakers really well in a bigger room on moderate volumes. 

Hope to get a little more insights here :-)

They will replace my exposure integrated 2010S2 + power amp (bi-amped) + schiit gungnir multibit dac + streamer.

Thanks.
I'd think the 140 should match Ref 1 quite well. I can only speak for (my then) D-Premier and Kef Q300 which was an excellent combination. I believe the Ref 1 is similar, but clearly superior to the Q300. If you find that you need more power there is the nice possibility to upgrade to a dual-mono 210 amplifier.

EDIT: In addition Ref 1 is in the SAM data base - profiles for both the short and long ports so that would be very good.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yes they will be fine.  I have the KEF Ref 3 with a 220 (previously 120).
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
I'm sure a 140 will be ok but if you can stretch to get a 220 Pro you will find it will deliver more body at lower volumes. Plus it gives the option to go 440 Pro if you ever upgrade to less sensitive speakers.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I agree with the above post. 

I ran Kef Reference 201/2 with 140 Pro before getting a 220 pro. There is an increased warmth / midrange of the presentation. 

If some one is on a budget, it might not be such a great improvement but if there is more future proof / extract most from your speakers thinking, then I would definitely recommended 220 pro. 

Though 201/2 is an older model to Reference 1, my findings might be still relevant.
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
Thanks for all the replies :-)

Indeed, money is always a thing, hehe. I do have the possibility to get an upgrade Pro 130, which is half a year old upgraded to the 140 for around 3000-3500. Or have to upgrade to dual-mono system later. I did that with the current exposure set I have now, but to be frank, I did not hear that much difference in bi-amping. Tho, its not dual mono of course, and class AB, which is very different tech.
Decided to gett the 2nd hand pro 140, try it out, and perhaps get a new 140 to play as mono blocks. I know separating the digital to analog as mono, is also effective to reduce jitter, so im very curious how it all is going to sound :-)
Update; in the end i got the dual 220 aka 440 pro. Great deal on it. Sounds amazing. A bit flat, but have to get used to it.
(05-Dec-2019, 11:51)gitaarwerk Wrote: Update; in the end i got the dual 220 aka 440 pro. Great deal on it. Sounds amazing. A bit flat, but have to get used to it.
Good choice! It makes you more future proof with speaker upgrade as well as extracting more from your current speakers.

Wish You a great time with Devialet!!
Devialet Expert Pro CI 220 + Marantz SR7013 | Kef Reference 201/2 R200c E305 E301 (5.1.4) |
Marantz Consolette |
(05-Dec-2019, 11:51)gitaarwerk Wrote: A bit flat, but have to get used to it.
 That setup should sound anything but flat. Can you elaborate on that? Or are you talking about the pizza box shape of the Experts? Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.