Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Tweeter distortion
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has had this problem or can offer any help.

I have a Phantom Gold which I love but it seems to have developed a problem with the tweeter.
When playing tracks a distortion can be heard, like a crackling within the lyrics or certain sound in the song. It is sometimes more noticeable at low volumes. 
It can sometimes be so noticeable that I have to change the track. It is worse on some tracks than others.

The Phantom is just out of warranty and to be honest has had little use. Maybe a few times every few weeks. I only ever turn it up to about half or just over volume.

I used to play tracks through the app from iTunes but have recently switched to Spotify. Not that I think this should have an effect.

It is very frustrating and I have never noticed this before, it has started happening the last week.

I am really not sure what I can do about this it is extremely disappointing.

Thank you for any advice or help anyone can give.

Ron
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your have a problem.

Suggest contacting Devialet support and ask them for help. They may be able to offer a fix or offer a fair trade in. While it is out of warranty, there is still expectation that a product will work for a reasonable amount of time before failing.
(15-Jan-2020, 21:20)Ronsil Wrote: Hi,

I have a Phantom Gold which I love but it seems to have developed a problem with the tweeter.
When playing tracks a distortion can be heard, like a crackling within the lyrics or certain sound in the song. It is sometimes more noticeable at low volumes. 
It can sometimes be so noticeable that I have to change the track. It is worse on some tracks than others.

The Phantom is just out of warranty and to be honest has had little use. Maybe a few times every few weeks. I only ever turn it up to about half or just over volume.

I used to play tracks through the app from iTunes but have recently switched to Spotify. Not that I think this should have an effect.

It is very frustrating and I have never noticed this before, it has started happening the last week.

Ron

Could this thread describe your issue?

Additional: I think the move to Dos2 resolved the issue. This presumes you are still running Dos1 of course.
(16-Jan-2020, 00:29)alandbush Wrote:

Ron

Additional: I think the move to Dos2 resolved the issue.  This presumes you are still running Dos1 of course.

Thank you. The thread does explain the problem that I seem to have apart from mine is when playing any music really, from airplay or spotify connect. 
Last week when I first noticed the issue I did update to Dos2 in hope that it could be software related but after the update, the problem still exists. 

It is odd but at certain volumes, it is so noticeable that it makes you want to turn it off. Certain vocals and sounds are so crackly, like a digital crackle. 

I will try to contact Devialet today and see if they can offer any help!

Thank you for your help so far.
(16-Jan-2020, 10:10)Ronsil Wrote:
(16-Jan-2020, 00:29)alandbush Wrote:

Ron

Additional: I think the move to Dos2 resolved the issue.  This presumes you are still running Dos1 of course.

Thank you. The thread does explain the problem that I seem to have apart from mine is when playing any music really, from airplay or spotify connect. 
Last week when I first noticed the issue I did update to Dos2 in hope that it could be software related but after the update, the problem still exists. 

It is odd but at certain volumes, it is so noticeable that it makes you want to turn it off. Certain vocals and sounds are so crackly, like a digital crackle. 

I will try to contact Devialet today and see if they can offer any help!

Thank you for your help so far.

Hey! Did you end up getting any meaningful response from Devialet about this issue?

I encountered this precise issue within 13 days of having had my Phantom 1. I've tried their online troubleshooting steps and tried reaching out to their customer support. Unfortunately, they've been incredibly unresponsive and their technical staff couldn't hear the issue from my iPhone recording. My issue sounds exactly the same as yours even down to certain volumes being downright unpleasant to listen to. (50% and higher)