Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-room for reactors :(( any chance to get software upd in nearly future?
Exclamation 
Hi guys. Recently purchased 2 silvers for home use and was happy with them. After that I just imagine how great will sound reactors 600 in my restaurant and bought 4 PIECES OF REACTOR 600, which is not supporting Multi-room. I can connect them only in stereo pair. Total fail  Confused

It was expensive mistake and i can not stop feeling pain  Big Grin

So i want to sell it as used stuff , but still hoping to get firmware update and connect them all . What's your opinion, guys? 

P. S. I'm trying to find "reactor custom" in Berlin, but seems it's not available for individuals and they supplying only to companies. I need 10 speakers for completed setup in restaurant. In my country " Reactor Custom " officially is not represented, so I'm able to purchase it as individual, do self pick up and bring it up to my country in hand baggage (like i do with "unclaimed reactors 600" :/ )

Very need your help guys, any ideas will be highly appreciated! I just dreaming about Devialet setup in my restaurant / cafe. 

Thank you in advance. 

Regards, 
Pavel
Welcome to the forum.

The multi room capability was flagged for the Phantom Premier users once DOS2 was stabilised. That was in November. Is DOS2 stable now? I am not sure? Maybe we can get multi room in 3 to 6 months time??? But Devialet has a poor record with software releases, so who knows???

If you cannot wait, then it is possible with a multi channel processor and Dante technology to do what you want but it requires additional hardware and someone willing to do the work.
You could also use a Roon-based setup to play to all of them at once via Airplay. Or, even easier, use iTunes on Mac to play music to all of them.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
I know for a fact that Devialet is actively working on implementing multi-room in DOS2.
(11-Feb-2020, 15:04)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: You could also use a Roon-based setup to play to all of them at once via Airplay. Or, even easier, use iTunes on Mac to play music to all of them.

Dear, I'm surely know that reactors are not roon-ready speakers. From whole Devialet range only expert series are roon-ready and phantom classic and higher still in roon-tested status. Has anyone real real experience by connecting reactors in multi-room mode through additional software?
(11-Feb-2020, 11:47)Snoopy8 Wrote: It is possible with a multi channel processor and Dante technology to do what you want but it requires additional hardware and someone willing to do the work.

Aa per Devialet's website information, Reactor 600 doesn't support Dante connection. They recently introduced "reactor custom" which works with Dante. Maybe I'm wrong? Please help!
(11-Feb-2020, 15:59)KdsNext Wrote:
(11-Feb-2020, 15:04)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: You could also use a Roon-based setup to play to all of them at once via Airplay. Or, even easier, use iTunes on Mac to play music to all of them.

Dear, I'm surely know that reactors are not roon-ready speakers. From whole Devialet range only expert series are roon-ready and phantom classic and higher still in roon-tested status. Has anyone real real experience by connecting reactors in multi-room mode through additional software?

Roon would use AirPlay in that scenario (this is currently my setup with two Golds and two Reactors). My recommendation would be a Mac with iTunes/Music.app until Devialet has multi-room sorted if Roon doesn’t interest you.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
I agree with what was said above. MacBook + iTunes + AirPlay is the simplest way to go!

But there are several other options:
- Set your four speakers as two stereo pairs and use the optical input + passive splitter to deliver the same signal to each pair of speakers separately.
- I think there also are N-way splitters (if you really want to go all the way up to 10 Reactors), but that's worth testing out before committing large amounts of money Smile
- For Dante, check out that Ethernet-to-optical converter... specifically designed for Phantom speaker! https://audinate.com/products/dante-enab...al-adapter

Also, try contacting Devialet directly! You being a business, maybe you'll be able to get an order of 10 (6?) Reactor Customs (or Reactors Custom?) directly from them. Or at the very least, they can tell you which dealer you should contact for Reactor Custom. There's a contact form here: https://www.devialet.com/en-us/devialet-...country=US

Finally, you could just wait a little bit for the multi-room to get to DOS 2. This page here https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Premier does state "not supported YET" as opposed to "NO" in some other lines.
(11-Feb-2020, 15:59)KdsNext Wrote: Has anyone real real experience by connecting reactors in multi-room mode through additional software?
@njaiswal has the most experience
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-TV-tosli...6#pid90316
(11-Feb-2020, 03:18)KdsNext Wrote: Hi guys. Recently purchased 2 silvers for home use and was happy with them. After that I just imagine how great will sound reactors 600 in my restaurant and bought 4 PIECES OF REACTOR 600, which is not supporting Multi-room. I can connect them only in stereo pair. Total fail  Confused

It was expensive mistake and i can not stop feeling pain  Big Grin

So i want to sell it as used stuff , but still hoping to get firmware update and connect them all . What's your opinion, guys? 

P. S. I'm trying to find "reactor custom" in Berlin, but seems it's not available for individuals and they supplying only to companies. I need 10 speakers for completed setup in restaurant. In my country " Reactor Custom " officially is not represented, so I'm able to purchase it as individual, do self pick up and bring it up to my country in hand baggage (like i do with "unclaimed reactors 600" :/ )

Very need your help guys, any ideas will be highly appreciated! I just dreaming about Devialet setup in my restaurant / cafe. 

Thank you in advance. 

Regards, 
Pavel
Hi!  You can configure your reactors in custom install mode.  (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Optical-...ors?page=5)  Then drive them with a Sonos/Bluesound music streamer.  I can do multi-room reactors at my house with this configuration.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante