Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Remote with Gold Phantoms
Thanks @ragwo ! :-)

@misterhon I have 2 home theaters that use phantoms in my house. Both are using Dante. The reason for this is to overcome a limitation of Devialet's software. Currently Devialet can not process Dolby Digital or DTS encoded audio. As a result you need to insert a device to decode the surround sound audio (ie Anthem AVM60). From the Anthem you then are able to send 5 discrete signals to 5 separate phantoms. I accomplish this by using Audinate AVIO XLR to Dante converters and Devialet's Dante to Optical converters. Additionally, I have all of my phantoms operating in either "Optical Direct Mode" or "Custom Install Mode" which converts them to simple active speakers. As a result I don't use Spark or the Devialet App to control my phantoms. I use my Anthems or my Symetrix to control tone, volume, and sources.

Hope this helps
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(14-Sep-2020, 03:12)njaiswal Wrote: Thanks @ragwo ! :-)

@misterhon I have 2 home theaters that use phantoms in my house.  Both are using Dante.  The reason for this is to overcome a limitation of Devialet's software.  Currently Devialet can not process Dolby Digital or DTS encoded audio.  As a result you need to insert a device to decode the surround sound audio (ie Anthem AVM60).  From the Anthem you then are able to send 5 discrete signals to 5 separate phantoms.  I accomplish this by using Audinate AVIO XLR to Dante converters and Devialet's Dante to Optical converters.  Additionally, I have all of my phantoms operating in either "Optical Direct Mode" or "Custom Install Mode" which converts them to simple active speakers.  As a result I don't use Spark or the Devialet App to control my phantoms.  I use my Anthems or my Symetrix to control tone, volume, and sources.

Hope this helps

Does the Anthem itself act as a Dante Controller, or will I need a computer with the software? Trying to figure out the total costs and convince the wife that this is worthwhile. So far for a 5.5 setup I will need 3 more gold's at $3K each, the Anthem itself is another $3K, plus 5 sets of converters (5 AVIO XLR to Dante + 5 Devialet Dante to Optical), which I assume total to another $2K or so, bringing my total hardware cost to around $15K?

Wish I had pulled out in stocks a few weeks ago, then the wife won't even need to know!
(15-Sep-2020, 04:41)misterhon Wrote:
(14-Sep-2020, 03:12)njaiswal Wrote: Thanks @ragwo ! :-)

@misterhon I have 2 home theaters that use phantoms in my house.  Both are using Dante.  The reason for this is to overcome a limitation of Devialet's software.  Currently Devialet can not process Dolby Digital or DTS encoded audio.  As a result you need to insert a device to decode the surround sound audio (ie Anthem AVM60).  From the Anthem you then are able to send 5 discrete signals to 5 separate phantoms.  I accomplish this by using Audinate AVIO XLR to Dante converters and Devialet's Dante to Optical converters.  Additionally, I have all of my phantoms operating in either "Optical Direct Mode" or "Custom Install Mode" which converts them to simple active speakers.  As a result I don't use Spark or the Devialet App to control my phantoms.  I use my Anthems or my Symetrix to control tone, volume, and sources.

Hope this helps

Does the Anthem itself act as a Dante Controller, or will I need a computer with the software? Trying to figure out the total costs and convince the wife that this is worthwhile. So far for a 5.5 setup I will need 3 more gold's at $3K each, the Anthem itself is another $3K, plus 5 sets of converters (5 AVIO XLR to Dante + 5 Devialet Dante to Optical), which I assume total to another $2K or so, bringing my total hardware cost to around $15K?

Wish I had pulled out in stocks a few weeks ago, then the wife won't even need to know!
You'll need to do a one time software setup using the Dante Controller app.  It runs on windows or mac and its free.  Once you have all the dongles plugged into the network, then you fire up the app.  The app will show you a grid where the y-axis are your Dante receivers and the x-axis are you dante transmitters.  You expand both axis and just map the transmitters to the receivers.  That's it.  Even if  you unplug your adapters and plug them back in, they will pair up automatically.  No need to ever launch the Dante controller app unless you want to make changes to the mappings.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Similar topic here:
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Custom-R...-and-Dante