Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fogged up D220 screen
The Master unit of my D440 is fogged up from within.

Does anyone know if the circular screen cover can be removed to clean from within?

Failing that can the whole screen be removed and replaced?

Has anyone encountered similar problem and eventually fixed?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Never heard something similar.
Did you try already a tip from Devialet support?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
(25-Aug-2020, 06:35)agentsmith Wrote: The Master unit of my D440 is fogged up from within.

Does anyone know if the circular screen cover can be removed to clean from within?

The big question is "with what is it fogged up?" Shouldn't be water vapour, which would anyway dissipate with the amplifier in use. Wonder if a capacitor has 'blown', releasing its vapourised contents?

Fraser
(25-Aug-2020, 18:13)fraserhadden Wrote:
(25-Aug-2020, 06:35)agentsmith Wrote: The Master unit of my D440 is fogged up from within.

The big question is "with what is it fogged up?" Shouldn't be water vapour, which would anyway dissipate with the amplifier in use. Wonder if a capacitor has 'blown', releasing its vapourised contents?

Fraser

I read a post on here where someone’s D started leaking fluid. It was suggested that this was the thermal compound between the power supply and the case breaking down. Perhaps this is the problem with @agentsmith’s unit, and when the D gets hot the liquid is evaporating, creating condensation which causes internal fogging of the screen. Sounds like the unit will have to go back to the factory.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I'm with @fraserhadden on this. Water would have evaporated ten minutes after turning the unit on. I'd get into contact with Devialet. They might not be great communicators but when something is wrong, they will fix it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thank you for all the suggestions

I waited a few days and tonight it seems to have cleared up

But it may show up more with sunlight in the morning.

Will pull it out and watch again tomorrow morning.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(27-Aug-2020, 16:41)agentsmith Wrote: Thank you for all the suggestions

I waited a few days and tonight it seems to have cleared up

But it may show up more with sunlight in the morning.

Will pull it out and watch again tomorrow morning.

Do you turn it off or have it in stand-by? I would keep it in stand-by for a week or so if it was moisture. 

Where do you live? Any high humidity? I'm in the sub tropics and never had an issue with the screen but then I never turn it off, alway stand-by.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Generally, I keep my 440-Pro powered ON all the time, i.e. 24/7. I don't use Standby.

Last weekend, I was away from home for 4 days hence had powered OFF my 440-Pro. 

Today I returned and noticed my Master's display window fogged-up whilst Companion is perfectly good. 

I've now powered UP the units and am hoping the fogged-up Master's display cleans up. 

However, I would appreciate for any advise as to what I should do. 

Thank you !
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Upon contacting Devialet Support as my Master Unit of the 440-Pro Display glass window fogged-up, they're calling back my 440-Pro to France & fix it. Apparently, they've never heard of this happening to the Expert amps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
My 440-Pro's Master that had a Fogged Display screen is still sitting with Devialet in France since 19th October with no signs of return shipping. The delay is now really pI$$ing me off as I'm without music. Wonder if they've gone shopping of a display part to China/Taiwan/Korea where O-LEDs originate.