Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweet Room
Oh important finding! Maybe write to support and cc Mathieu - hopefully someone feel responsible and answer.
Didn’t know so far Devialet updated the FAQ here https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...Sweet-Room
So they are aware of the reported Sweet Room bugs and state they are working on a fix.
Though unfortunately no reply in the comments from Devialet to questions for quite some time.
(07-Apr-2021, 14:35)JohnnySix Wrote: Anyone noticed that SweetRoom totally ruins Crossover function as well? I recently tried rolling off my main speaker output low-end using a High-Pass filter to meet my new KEF KC62 subwoofers at a higher frequency than natural rolloff, and it does not activate unless eq.txt is disabled! This is SO messed up its unbelievable.
(I confirmed this by measurement by the way).
Yes, I can confirm this.
Once the Sweet Room EQ is applied with high pass filter activated in the Devialet + active SAM profile, in my case, both bugs appear (confirmed by measurement): the high pass filter gets discarded and many of the 'applied' EQ filters show no effect.
Like this, Sweet Room is completely useless for me.
Have to stick to good old and way less precise Bass and Treble settings and hope for timely bugfixes...

Gesendet von meinem motorola one fusion+ mit Tapatalk
Melco N1A - Devialet 440 Pro - B&W 802 D3
Bass and treble controls also have known bug in dual mono config - frequency adjustment is not saved for companion.
So, it can be used only with default settings - 100/2000.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(19-May-2021, 14:40)Delija Wrote: Bass and treble controls also have known bug in dual mono config - frequency adjustment is not saved for companion.
So, it can be used only with default settings - 100/2000.

Nice, it gets better and better... 
Now I can't even use tone controls any more.
Thanks for the tip, was not aware of this bug.
So, after deactivating the SAM profile and high-pass, I gave it another try.

But after measuring again, I noticed, that the results are still not quite as expected.
For creating the EQ bands I measured left and right speaker with REW independently.
So I have different EQ values for left and right speaker in the eq.txt file and copied it to both amps.
The measurement with 'Main' EQ active showed, that for the left speaker the filter bands of the right speaker have been applied. For the right speaker the correct filters were applied.
I also tried to copy the eq.txt containing only the values for the left channel on the SD-card of the Master, leaving the EQ values for the right channel to 0. I did the same for the companion and only inserted the values for the right channel (I think I read this somewhere on the Devialet support page for Sweet Room).
But like this, no filter for the left speaker was applied at all. For the right speaker it worked correctly again.

Did anyone else with dual mono setup measure the left and right speaker seperately for creating the filter bands and also noticed after re-measuring the results, that the wrong EQ filters of the right channel were applied to the left channel (respectively Master unit)?

I might try it again filling the filter values in the 'Alternate' EQ an see if this works, but gradually I'm getting annoyed with this (already have spent two days with measuring, filter creating, SD-Card switching, re-measuring, ...).
@Fla7a - I applaud your efforts. It’s clear that Sweet Room has issues in dual-mono configurations. I started down this path but after reading numerous concerns, I gave up. Devialet’s lack of response is appalling but not surprising.

I would recommend that everyone having issues with Sweet Room file support tickets. It seems the only way to get their attention. It’s hard to imagine that they “released” Sweet Room without an intention to evolve and support it.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(20-May-2021, 19:00)Fla7a Wrote: So, after deactivating the SAM profile and high-pass, I gave it another try.

But after measuring again, I noticed, that the results are still not quite as expected.
For creating the EQ bands I measured left and right speaker with REW independently.
So I have different EQ values for left and right speaker in the eq.txt file and copied it to both amps.
The measurement with 'Main' EQ active showed, that for the left speaker the filter bands of the right speaker have been applied. For the right speaker the correct filters were applied.
I also tried to copy the eq.txt containing only the values for the left channel on the SD-card of the Master, leaving the EQ values for the right channel to 0. I did the same for the companion and only inserted the values for the right channel (I think I read this somewhere on the Devialet support page for Sweet Room).
But like this, no filter for the left speaker was applied at all. For the right speaker it worked correctly again.

Did anyone else with dual mono setup measure the left and right speaker seperately for creating the filter bands and also noticed after re-measuring the results, that the wrong EQ filters of the right channel were applied to the left channel (respectively Master unit)?

I might try it again filling the filter values in the 'Alternate' EQ an see if this works, but gradually I'm getting annoyed with this (already have spent two days with measuring, filter creating, SD-Card switching, re-measuring, ...).

If I read this right you need to put the left channel EQ in both R and L for the companion eq.txt to make it work (maybe you've already tried this). Does it help to link the two amps with a trigger cable?
Anyway, it should work by putting the same eq.txt on both SD cards (with different settings for L and R) so this is clearly a bug.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
@mdconnelly Thanks! Yes, I give up for now too and wait until they have sorted out all these bugs.
Yes that's right, so I already have opened a ticket and provided Devialet the eq.txt & dp_cfg.txt. As of now, no response but I'm quite curious about what they have to say.

@ogs I haven't tried this and I'm pretty shure this would work for the left channel but this would mean that the EQ bands for the left channel are also used for the right channel. I think no matter how you put it, you can only use an identical set of filters for left and right channel.
Yes, the amps are already linked with a trigger cable.
I have no idea why this wouldn't work, so yes, I also think this has to be a bug.
Thanks for your ideas! I guess I'll have to wait and see what Devialet has to say about this, but right now I think I'm done with experimenting with Sweet Room.
(23-May-2021, 10:33)Fla7a Wrote: but this would mean that the EQ bands for the left channel are also used for the right channel

Are you sure of this? If the left channel amp only has L EQ values and the right channel amp only has R EQ values?
If the right channel ends up with the left channel EQ it means that one amp somehow reads the other amp's eq.txt. Doesn't make sense to me.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB