Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rega Planar 6 Neo + Excalibur Black
Hi there,

perhaps someone can help me on two items:

(1) Recommended phono settings for Devialet 220 Expert Pro an Rega Planar 6 Neo + Excalibur Black Cartridge?
(2) How to get rid of WLAN noise when selecting the Phono input? The problem: Even if I select WiFi to be switched off when selecting the Phono Input, I still get interferences from the WiFi. Only solution I came up with so far is to have two SD cards with two separate configurations. One with Wifi activated, used for streaming, the other with WiFi deactivated, used for Phono only....

I like my Devialet, but the Customer After Sales Service is awful. I addressed these two questions to the customer service a couple of weeks ago, send a reminder and never got an answer. Devialet, this is certainly not the right way to earn positive reviews from your customers...

Anyhow, thank you in advance for any hints or suggestions that might be useful
Is that excalibur this one?
https://www.hifi12a.de/epages/61785497.m...cale=en_GB
Devialet 220 pro expert; Focal 1028 Be; Rega RP6; Ortofon Quintet Black
On question 2: shouldn’t the Auto Wifi standby be switched to ‘on’?
Hi Out of Gum,
thank you,
yes the excalibur is the one on the link (TAD Excalibur black)
You are right the Auto WiFi standby should be switched "on" (so that in fact the WiFi is "off", when selecting the phono input)
Best,
Emmanuel
In the link you can find the recommended settings (V, ohm).
Did you change the wifi setting? Does it work now?
I have saved two configurations (on two SD cards): one with WiFi completely deactivated, the other with WiFi activated. Curious thing: The Expert seems to "forget" the configuration: The last use was with the WiFi deactivated card, then no use for about a week, then using the Expert Pro again, problem is interferences are there (although WiFi switched off config). Had to insert the SD card with the WiFi deactivated config again, Expert Pro reads the configuration, interferences with WiFi are gone. Strange behavior.
Even stranger behavior: The Devialet Customer service. After my initial post here I got a reaction from Devialet. Replied to that, since then no reply from the "Ambassador". May be I this post will reactivate him. In any case: the Devialet after-sales customer service is not good at all. The product is great, the service not....
(22-Apr-2021, 09:11)estone Wrote: the Devialet after-sales customer service is not good at all. The product is great, the service not....

I don't think customer service at Devialet is part of Devialet. It's hired from some external company that serves many companies (Zendesk?) Devialet customer service was much better a few years ago when it was internal.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Meanwhile the "customer service" has responded. They told me that the Auto Wifi off function is only functional on the Expert but not on the Expert Pro.
I am getting more and more frustrated and disappointed with Devialet. They made me pay the costly upgrade only then to learn afterwards that it offers reduced functionality, and the configurator still offers the Auto Wifi Off function as a configuration, the customer service is close to non existent, the company seems very interested in selling the Expert, but they do not care about after sales service, the streaming has so far never worked properly without some network issues.... So all in all and despite the qualities of the equipment, it still feels like what the french call: arnaque! The customer "serivce" proposed the solution to have two SD cards, one with the Wifi on and the other with the Wifi off. That workaround is so helplessly ridiculous and low-tech compared to the high-tech positioning and image of Devialet, that it is damaging for their reputation, imho.
(26-Jul-2021, 10:28)estone Wrote: Meanwhile the "customer service" has responded. They told me that the Auto Wifi off function is only functional on the Expert but not on the Expert Pro.
I am getting more and more frustrated and disappointed with Devialet. They made me pay the costly upgrade only then to learn afterwards that it offers reduced functionality, and the configurator still offers the Auto Wifi Off function as a configuration, the customer service is close to non existent, the company seems very interested in selling the Expert, but they do not care about after sales service, the streaming has so far never worked properly without some network issues.... So all in all and despite the qualities of the equipment, it still feels like what the french call: arnaque! The customer "serivce" proposed the solution to have two SD cards, one with the Wifi on and the other with the Wifi off. That workaround is so helplessly ridiculous and low-tech compared to the high-tech positioning and image of Devialet, that it is damaging for their reputation, imho.
I don’t know who you were talking to at customer services, but they’ve got this wrong. Auto wi-fi standby is available on the expert pro, on the advanced settings tab in the Phono setup menu. I think from the sound of it that your problem might be caused by a bad configuration and I know from experience how frustrating it can be to get the configuration to “stick”.
Can I suggest that you have a look at the following link? If you follow the instructions closely, I’m fairly confident that you’ll end up with a fully functioning rig. https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thank you Axel for the How To Guide, I promise to meticulously follow the instructions.