Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descriptive excesses
Much as I think Devialet have been talking quite a bit of rubbish with respect to their Phantom advertising, it's been topped (in my opinion) by parts of the review of the £60k D1/C1/A1 system from CH Precision, designed and built by ex-Goldmund folk.

Just take a look at the last four paragraphs in the review in February's edition of "Plus", which include these words:

"It's impressive by not being impressive"
"It's one of those systems that defies description"

but ... he cannot resist ...

"there's something of the writ large presentation about the overall sound"
"if there's a house style it's one of dry precision and infinite dynamic range"
"taking musical examples is invalid here; everything is a musical example"

Brilliant!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Well, actually I did not understand half of what was said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(03-Mar-2015, 19:09)amabrok Wrote: Well, actually I did not understand half of what was said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your mistakes are :-

1 Assuming it is English.
2 Assuming you are supposed to understand it.

In my admittedly small amount of reading of HiFi reviews they are mostly deliberately confusing gobbledegook so no one can cross compare reviews in the future.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Written by a politician?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Mar-2015, 18:44)IanG-UK Wrote: Much as I think Devialet have been talking quite a bit of rubbish with respect to their Phantom advertising, it's been topped (in my opinion) by parts of the review of the £60k D1/C1/A1 system from CH Precision, designed and built by ex-Goldmund folk.

Just take a look at the last four paragraphs in the review in February's edition of "Plus", which include these words:

"It's impressive by not being impressive"
"It's one of those systems that defies description"

but ... he cannot resist ...

"there's something of the writ large presentation about the overall sound"
"if there's a house style it's one of dry precision and infinite dynamic range"
"taking musical examples is invalid here; everything is a musical example"

Brilliant!

Well I haven't been reading these kind of magazines for a long time as I almost stopped after buying my first Devialet stuff. I looks like the reviewers wordings become more and more amusing when they compete with previous reviews in explaining that 'this' gear is the latest 'sh*t' as it seems they have run out of superlatives. 

Well spotted of you/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK