Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume query
Hi everyone !
Just installed a new 200 this afternoon - quick question if I may, I'm suprised how high I'm having to have the volume ( 16 ) is about right for me - is this normal or do I need to change something in the configuration file

2nd question once a SAM file is loaded to the sd card and installed is sam then used as default on switch on - can I toggle between the two to experiment 
Thanks 
Well, it depends on how efficient your speakers are and how close you sit to them. Mine are 88db/1w and I sit about 2.5-3m away and I often listen at about -15db?

Are you expecting your hifi to be as loud as your Ducati?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
yes when you set up a SAM profile in the configurator it is on by default. You can select to turn it off or adjust its percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(21-Mar-2015, 19:14)PhilP Wrote: Well, it depends on how efficient your speakers are and how close you sit to them. Mine are 88db/1w and I sit about 2.5-3m away and I often listen at about -15db?

Are you expecting your hifi to be as loud as your Ducati?

Lol 
My speaker spec's 

86dB/2.83V/m. Nominal impedance: 4 ohms. Maximum input power: 200W.

Guess I'm a little pariniod - my previous DAC/PRE I never played higher than -20db and that was really loud 
If you look through this thread you will see that people listen at a wide range of volume settings

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...ght=Volume

If you're still concerned then try scrolling through the system info display (long press right hand button on the remote) and you will come to a page that shows the power output set - mine says 200W 6 ohms. If yours is set a different level then you can change it though the configurator.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(21-Mar-2015, 19:05)Ducatiman Wrote: Hi everyone !
Just installed a new 200 this afternoon - quick question if I may, I'm suprised how high I'm having to have the volume ( 16 ) is about right for me - is this normal or do I need to change something in the configuration file

2nd question once a SAM file is loaded to the sd card and installed is sam then used as default on switch on - can I toggle between the two to experiment 
Thanks 

You can configure one of the remote button to be a "SAM on/off" button. That way you can turn on/off the SAM function and listen for any differences. If you hold the Mute button for about 2sec, you will have access to the tone/balance function which also allow you to change the SAM percentage.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

If you follow hk6230 instructions above then you can also adjust the SAM in percentage terms. I did a little experimenting with this , but its back on 100% now
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(21-Mar-2015, 19:05)Ducatiman Wrote: Hi everyone !

Thanks 

I assume you mean -16? If so, there's plenty more! If you actually meant 16, well then you're buggered   Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I've found that it is so easy with my D200 to find myself listening at higher SPL's than I might have previously with a different amp (Primare i30) because of the super clean and clear delivery of the music.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
Having listened to my system a lot over the few days I'd agree with you, the sound is so detailed clean transparent and dynamic and lacking coloration so I'm Definitely listening at higher SPLs.
If I'm honest at the moment I'm struggling to come to terms with the very different presentation compared to my previous valve based electronics.