Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
2015 was obviously a big year for Devialet with the arrival of the Phantom.  The Expert range also had firmware updates, many new three letter acronyms and the suprise arrival of SAM Lab and the Original d'Atelier.   A bit of a mixed bag of a year for Devialet I would say.  The Phantoms & Spark have had their issues, the 8.x.x firmware release and SAM V2 was very problematic, but yes, they did get the Phantom to market.  Plus we now have the intriguing tie up with Apple.

Anyway, here is a challenge.  What are your Devialet predictions for 2016?  Please note that this thread is NOT intended a conduit for peoples "wish lists", such as the many who want room correction etc.  The intention is as a serious challenge to see who can most accurately predict what 2016 will bring in the world of Devialet.  The prize for the winner?  Well at the end of next year we can resurrect this thread and see who got it right, or at least who was nearest.  The prize will be the utterly enormous personal pride and kudos for the victor.

So I guess I had better start.

I predict:
Dialog compatibility with Expert will finally arrive, I would say by early summer.
There will be an announcement of a new smaller or lower cost Phantom.  (a very brave one this)
The traditional "in time for Munich" update will be a bit of a disappointment, no room correction or other popular "wish list" additions.
I'm also asking myself "will the mods in the Original d'Atelier trickle down to an upgraded Expert range, with a possible hardware path" - Prediction, no.
New Expert range - no.
Will the Apple tie up develop significantly?  No.  If anything this will fall apart.
There will not be a robust fix for AIR

To be honest, I'm hoping a few of these predictions will prove to be wrong!

So that's my wild shot in the dark.  What do you reckon?  See you in 12 months to see who was smartest!

Messages In This Thread
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016) - by Confused - 24-Dec-2015, 13:53