Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016)
(28-Dec-2016, 14:45)Confused Wrote: OK, we have reached almost reached the end of the year, and to be honest I would be surprised if there were any more big Devialet announcements over the rest of the week.

So what did 2016 deliver?  I think the 'big ones' were the new 'Pro' range, the upgrade scheme and the Phantom Gold.  In addition, we have Devialet's sponsorship of the Renault F1 team, a nice record that you can play only once, the announcement of a new streamer board (but no details) and the anoucement of a large fundraising and investment.

Interestingly, there were a number of predictions of the O'dA improvements 'trickling down' to the Expert, and even predictions of an upgrade scheme.  However, not one person correctly predicted the arrival of the Pro series, with the 1000 Pro actually being higher specification than the O'dA, so this one surprised us all, not least those who has shelled out there own hard cash to buy an O'dA.  I think this was a scenario so bizarre so that nobody could think of it in there wildest dreams, but it happened nonetheless!

There were predictions of bigger Phantoms, smaller Phantoms, and different coloured Phantoms, but what we eventually got was an allegedly superior 'Phantom Gold', exactly the same size and with more power.  Nobody exactly predicted this either.

Reading back through the predictions, I have to conclude that we were all a bit rubbish at trying to predict Devialet, or perhaps you could conclude that Devialet are unpredictable.  As an example, there were the odd predictions of what would be announced at Munich, in the end sod all happened at Munich, then we had the dealer event and big feast at the Palace of Versailles, with all the dealers then subjected to non-disclosure agreements, which as it turned out did put the dealers in a very difficult position with their customers.

Another big one was the Devialet AIR petition, which lead to a letter of apology form Mr Quentin Sanne, and subsequently to the most welcome, but slightly underwhelming 'Love is in the AIR' initiative.  In fairness, I'd have to say that AIR 3 is one of Devialet's successes this year, but I cannot give them too much credit for this as an improvement in the stability of AIR is clearly years overdue.

I'd give an honourable mention to Schambrg – For correctly predicted Airplay compatibility for the Phantoms.  This has happened (just) and was not predicted by anyone else.

Another honourable mention to Deviousalet - Who stated 'Experts will gain power (Od'A=1000, and after upgrading hardware D220/D450, D270/D900) – Well, he got the O’dA bit right at least!

But to be frank, we were all rubbish, lets be honest.  Better luck in 2017 folks!

And the final award for the year has to go to Devialet, for basically outwitting the lot of us!

Excellent summary Confused!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet predictions for 2016 (The Devialet Almanac 2016) - by GuillaumeB - 28-Dec-2016, 21:06