Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phonostage in the Pro models?
(07-Nov-2016, 17:11)Waiski Wrote: Mains does effect. Also I have switched all the inputs and outputs off what I don't use. Wifi off aso..

Unfortunately new D250/D1000Pro does feed some crap into the electricity network as much as old D250. This is disappointing.

Maybe it is one or more of the other inputs being used that influences the hiss, this would make sense.  I too have wifi disabled, but Ethernet enabled.  USB is disabled, obviously phono enabled, plus one other analogue input, one S/PDIF, one AES/EBU.  I can't see the digital inputs having any influence?  Maybe the one other analogue input does?  I wonder.  I know it's not the AES/EBU input, as I experienced some hiss on the D800 before I had this enabled.

EDIT: I guess someone who does experience the phono stage hiss could try a configuration with all inputs except phono disabled. I could of course try this myself, but I don't think I will have the time for a couple of weeks. I will try it one day if nobody else does in the short term.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
New phonostage in the Pro models? - by Xander - 06-Nov-2016, 14:06
RE: New phonostage in the Pro models? - by jfp - 06-Nov-2016, 19:17
RE: New phonostage in the Pro models? - by Confused - 07-Nov-2016, 17:34