Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep your computers cool
(24-Nov-2016, 19:15)yabaVR Wrote: It might be that the fan is the culprit here.The high revs of the fan produces a large amount of noise on the power inside the Mac Mini. If there were a passive cooling mod (different case?) on the inet I  would go for it.

gui

Hi Gui,

It was definitely more than just a bit of fan noise. There were massive stutters towards the end. I've since found that when the mini isn't near the D, the fan doesn't actually kick in. If i wanted an easy passive cooling mod/tweak, I could always get a cooling block from the freezer and put that on top. And grab a second one to keep my beer cool.  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Keep your computers cool - by Pim - 14-Nov-2016, 04:02
RE: Keep your computers cool - by Zappydev - 14-Nov-2016, 09:36
RE: Keep your computers cool - by yabaVR - 24-Nov-2016, 19:15
RE: Keep your computers cool - by Pim - 24-Nov-2016, 20:08