Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
(01-Dec-2016, 20:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I think the most amazed I've been is when I bought a Naim setup. It came after a while without any decent hifi (college, party years, etc) and was by far the best I'd ever owned - it was something I'd longed for for years after growing up with friends with fantastic hifi's and I could finally afford my own. I 'had a new CD collection' and was satisfied for years.

It's hard to recreate that on many levels. I haven't done it again but I couldn't say it sounded better than what I've got now, probably not. But I don't feel the same emotionally. If that makes any sense.

I have to concur with this.   The days of being "blown away" have passed, but I find it so much easier now to simply get lost in the music and love every minute of it.   Maybe if I suddenly inherited a 1000 Pro and a pair of really high-end speakers, I would be "blown away" again.  Anyone want to write me into their will?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM???? - by mdconnelly - 01-Dec-2016, 21:07