Poll: How do you like the sound quality of your Pro (newly upgraded from expert)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
60.47%
78 60.47%
Yes, with caveats
6.20%
8 6.20%
No!
0.78%
1 0.78%
No, with caveats
0.78%
1 0.78%
N/A. I upgraded for reasons other than sound quality.
0.78%
1 0.78%
I did not upgrade and don't plan to
31.01%
40 31.01%
Total 129 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade?
(06-Dec-2016, 06:04)baddog Wrote:
(03-Dec-2016, 01:16)Axel Wrote: I'm very pleased that I decided to upgrade to 440 Pro. There are improvements right across the board, and for me, possibly the best is low level performance. Sometimes I don't want the wick turned right up, at night or when we have guests. At low volumes the bass and treble are not diminished and the soundstage doesn't collapse in on itself, which was one of the main bugbears with my 400. So I have voted yes, with no caveats.

Ditto on everything Axel said....

Also bass quality seems even better, especially at low levels.
Not sure.

Can anyone explain what the purpose of the filters is and their impact. At present my set up is lacking in sustain. Piano notes curtail sharply when on my other systems there is much more sustain. 

The music is sound is giving the same sort of feeling that being in a sound deadened room. I fully expect the near silent sound floor to be noticeable, but I don't see why that should kill the sustain. On some tracks where you expect the music to come in with force it is sounding pretty subdued.

On the other hand clarity and detail are very good, but the overall experience is sounding a little deadened. Am I missing something?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade? - by Woodman - 06-Dec-2016, 11:40