Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 with ATC SCM40?
Hi guys

Anyone running ATC SCM40 Mk 2 with an Expert amp?

I'm contemplating a move from my trusty old Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MkII (circa 2000) to something with a little more "verve".  ATC SCM40 Mk 2 are an obvious choice and there's a SAM profile for them as well.

I know I have to audition them but it's not easy here in this little old bankrupt country known as Portugal, but I plan a trip to Lisbon to do so.  Any views / alternative suggestions?  Stand mounts are not a real option (I fancy some LS50s) due to dogs and grandchildren - stability issues.  Confused

I hear that the SCM40s do indeed exhibit an degree of "excitement" in their presentation, but I don't want bleeding ears in the name of accuracy.  One of my concerns is that some of my source material is less than perfect (for historical reasons) - think MP3 @ 320KBps - and I read that ATCs are unforgiving of poor sources.  Mostly it's Flac fed from an iMac into Squeezebox Touch connected via coax.

Musically, I'm into a lot of modern / contemporary jazz (fairly upbeat) so not really bothered about imaging etc.  No classical and not much acoustic or even vocals.  And definitely no Dianna Krall (but Norah Jones is OK).   I just like my music to grab me by the gonads and say "get on down you bad boy . . . Big Grin ".  In a previous life I was a serious Naim olive-series user so it's all about PRAT IMHO if you're a flat-earther . . .

Thanks
Lounge : D200, Dynaudio Contour 1.8 Mk II, Squeezebox Touch, Musical Fidelity X-Ray (CD Transport), Linn LP12/Ittok 3/Dynavector DV10x5, Chord Clearway & Carnival cables; Study : Squeezebox Touch, Revox PR99 MkII, NAD D 3020, Epos K1; Terrace: Squeezebox Touch, Audioengine A5+; Garage : Squeezebox 2; Rotel  RA-820BX, MA R252; assorted other Squeezebox products dotted around the place; Music Server : iMac 5K 32GB 3TB fusion drive, OSX & BootCamp W10, LMS, FLAC / MP3; Router : Huawei B310 4G; Ripping : dBpoweramp; Library Management : MediaMonkey; Location : East Algarve, Portugal

Messages In This Thread
D200 with ATC SCM40? - by GRC - 03-Dec-2016, 21:25
RE: D200 with ATC SCM40? - by Soniclife - 03-Dec-2016, 22:17
RE: D200 with ATC SCM40? - by Fragoulisnaval - 04-Dec-2016, 10:10