Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet warranty ambiguity...
In preparation to sell my expert 200 I decided to investigate Devialet Expert warranty transferability. The original Limited Warranty as written on Devialet's site very specifically lists the warranty as only applicable to "original end-user for FIVE (5) YEARS from date of original purchase/first-use." Yet in other places on the site it speaks to transfer of warranty without mention in the actual printed warranty. My situation is different due to modification of unit and covered by a 3rd party, ie; dealer/importer but I'm curious how others may have dealt with this issue and if anyone has any first-hand experience with sale of a unit that later required warranty?

Devialet's site specifically mentions how to register a purchased 2nd hand unit as that relates to registration at their site but makes no comment with regard "original end-user for FIVE (5) YEARS from date of purchase." I did run it by a retired lawyer that lives in my building and he said the actual printed warranty is "usually" the governing instrument but there was broad interpretation open to those with deep pockets. He further stated Devialet could literally choose to interpret/enforce it either way on any given day and just because they did it one way yesterday doesn't mean they "have to" do it similarly tomorrow.

I don't fall on either side of this but find it curious/ambiguous.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Devialet warranty ambiguity... - by Manoet - 03-Jan-2017, 18:14
Devialet warranty ambiguity... - by Xander - 03-Jan-2017, 19:13
RE: Devialet warranty ambiguity... - by Manoet - 03-Jan-2017, 19:21
Devialet warranty ambiguity... - by BjornWiman - 05-Jan-2017, 08:41
RE: Devialet warranty ambiguity... - by Manoet - 05-Jan-2017, 13:48