Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(11-Jan-2017, 19:03)Dr Tone Wrote:
(11-Jan-2017, 18:30)Confused Wrote:
(11-Jan-2017, 17:33)Music or sound Wrote: I just found some more explanations about MQA: http://www.audiostream.com/content/mqa-d...1ygMdCq.97

My question is, does software decoding, limited as stated above to 24/96, give all the other MQA stuff in full, such as the A/D conversion time corrections?

I think I read in the Darko article that it might be possible for software to do additional unfolding to the full sample rate if it knows what the DAC is capable of.  The Tidal app might have just stopped at 96 because it was easier.

I'm quite sure it's possible for a software solution to do the full 'unfolding' to 24/192, assuming Meridian would allow this.  To be honest, I'm pretty sure that the difference between 24/96 and 24/192 would be miniscule to nothing, all other factors being equal.   However, that does not answer the question of if a software conversion offers the full MQA A/D conversion time corrections, and whatever else it might do.

EDIT: I have asked this question over at the Roon forum. I figure that as Roon are soon to implement their own MQA software decoding, they should be familiar with the facts. I will report back if the Roon post gets a definitive response.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Confused - 11-Jan-2017, 21:33