Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(11-Jan-2017, 21:33)Confused Wrote: I'm quite sure it's possible for a software solution to do the full 'unfolding' to 24/192, assuming Meridian would allow this.  To be honest, I'm pretty sure that the difference between 24/96 and 24/192 would be miniscule to nothing, all other factors being equal.   However, that does not answer the question of if a software conversion offers the full MQA A/D conversion time corrections, and whatever else it might do.

EDIT:  I have asked this question over at the Roon forum.  I figure that as Roon are soon to implement their own MQA software decoding, they should be familiar with the facts.  I will report back if the Roon post gets a definitive response.

The part that is confusing is how would they ("whomever is creating the MQA file) even be able to know what time corrections needs to be applied for a A/D stage when starting with a digital source to create the MQA?  Each instrument might have come through a different A/D converter or the music could have been created completely digitally.  I assume this is only the case when starting analog and they use a specific A/D converter?

In theory Roon would be able to apply the specific D/A enhancements if they know the DAC. In theory.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Dr Tone - 11-Jan-2017, 22:06